Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,725   Posts: 1,515,029   Online: 1192

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What did you expect from a Vicky Pollard? She has probably already forgotten about you and your feelings make you superior of her.
    However, I feel really sorry for the poor kids of the pollardian masses...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Sympathy from a fellow Brit. It has not yet happened to me, but it probably will. The other day a woman at work told me she was photographing her child at the sports school day and was told she wasn't allowed t do that. She said f*** off, as I don't need permission to photograph my own child. Such is the mad society we now live in.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Cheers Guys,

Your comments are very comforting and I feel it's like having a group of mates rallying round.

I don't tend to photograph children as a rule if I can help it. With this situation, I thought it would be a really COOOOL shot. What probably made it worse was that I didn't get it in 'the bag'.

I suppose my biggest failing is that I tend to see the best in people (until they show otherwise) probably because a few of those close to me in my formative years were anything but 'the best'.

I saw a kid leaping (and annoying others), Vicki 'Daily Mirror' Pollard saw a paedo'.

You're right though, I must put it down to experience. So tomorrow, instead of processing film (no salt ), I'm gonna jump on the train to Lancaster and put the gremlins to bed.

Thanks for the link. That DVD looks really good.
    "All I ask for is an M5 with a fast lens, a roll of HP5 and a street to shoot her by."

StreetPhotographyBlog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Rider View Post
    . . .

Five minutes went by, then they got up to leave. Next thing I know, she's shouting "you're a sick pervert for photographing my kids" and that she was going to call the police. I remained calm and assured her that I wasn't a pervert, that 'perverts' don't use 1500 quid Leica kit and that I would stay here and wait for the police to arrive. She repeated that I was a pervert and that she was going to call the police. She left with her ill-fated children, one of them giving me the finger.
    She cannot control her own life. She cannot control her children. Therefore she took her anger out on you.

I do not know your laws, but you probably could have called the police and had her cited for harassment.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    From time to time I wonder if the media is as despicable in the European countries as it is here in the US. That, and the "zero-tolerance" politicians they toot their horn for, are the cause of this kind of over-sensitizing.
    I think the problem has always been the same on both sides of the pond and we're both waking up to it at the same time. Though maybe Europe slightly earlier as until recently, Americans thought the USA was the 'dream' ? Apologies if I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Ming Rider; 07-06-2013 at 05:02 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "All I ask for is an M5 with a fast lens, a roll of HP5 and a street to shoot her by."

StreetPhotographyBlog

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    She cannot control her own life. She cannot control her children. Therefore she took her anger out on you.

I do not know your laws, but you probably could have called the police and had her cited for harassment.
    For sure, people have been fined/jailed for twittering/facebooking less.

That was why I was so willing for her to call the police and wait for them to arrive. Then maybe she would have had an education in where the law stands and not the law according to 'the Sun' etc . . .

StreetPhotographyBlog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just bare in mind that you'll only get this reaction from that type of person in this country. But I'd say just try to avoid photographing kids in the UK at the moment - even if you do feel strongly about it, it's not really worth campaigning for.

I've got a feeling some people here will be repulsed by this idea, but... this can't be emphasised enough for street photographers - dress up a little bit. A summery smart/casual pale coloured shirt, slim fit black jeans and chukka/desert boots is a good 'blend-in' look at the moment. Street photography is a social activity. Treat it like a street party at which you're the official photographer. Your appearance and confidence because of it is everything in this situation and exudes a casual authority about what you're doing. A hoody two sizes too big, baggy jeans and walking trainers, of course - you'll be lucky to get to the shops for a pack of ciggies without someone shouting tramp, never mind take people's picture.

I'm sure nobody ever screams pedo at Scott Schuman for example (the Sartorialist).

Clothes are an important part of photography often not given enough thought - whether you're photographing windswept landscapes or weddings, it certainly matters.
    Last edited by batwister; 07-06-2013 at 05:48 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    'Cows are very fond of being photographed, and, unlike architecture, don't move.' - Oscar Wilde

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How old was this child who gave you he finger? That would have made me more upset than the weird parent. Talk about lack of respect!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Batwister,

My attire today was brown walking boots, dark blue jeans and a black 'Motorhead' tour T-Shirt.

Yes or No?

StreetPhotographyBlog

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    How old was this child who gave you he finger? That would have made me more upset than the weird parent. Talk about lack of respect!
    I'd say about 8 or 9 years old. What future does this little oik have? If I'd done that when I was a nipper (I wouldn't have dared), I wouldn't have been able to sit down for a week. Ouch !!!

StreetPhotographyBlog

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin