Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,625   Online: 1084

Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 131718192021222324252627282933 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    ........., just because you don't like what I said doesn't mean it isn't correct or that I should feel remorse.

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just because you may have noticed certain behaviour in however many instances, doesn't mean it is correct.
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by darkosaric View Post
    I like that conversation on rangefinder forum better than this one we have on APUG. Less aggressive, no rude words to OP, more analytic...
    ... probably due to some fairly harsh editting by the mods.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
    Just because you may have noticed certain behaviour in however many instances, doesn't mean it is correct.
    I did say its my opinion

Also, they haven't kicked me off of RFF haha guess I'm not so bad

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    ... probably due to some fairly harsh editting by the mods.
    +1 from a long time RFFer.

That place has taken on a carniverous feel I'm afraid to report.
    "All I ask for is an M5 with a fast lens, a roll of HP5 and a street to shoot her by."

StreetPhotographyBlog

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    ... probably due to some fairly harsh editting by the mods
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    ...they haven't kicked me off of RFF haha guess I'm not so bad
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Rider View Post
    That place has taken on a carniverous feel I'm afraid to report.
    well, they never kicked me out, i kicked myself out after a mod altered my (very civil) post a while ago due to an innocuous difference in personal opinion. i'm glad to see i'm not alone it's not the first forum i see being killed by mod arrogance

yay for apug!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffy View Post
    What an utter load of absolute tosh - and we wonder why so many women have image issues.
    Since this thread has gone so far off track anyway, I might as well chip in a female opinion on this one. Image issues have way more causes than someone thinking that most larger people are the ones who don't want to be photographed. Try having models like those in the heroin-chic years (like Kate Moss in her early years), but the food pushed at us is more fat than food. There is a major obesity epidemic and yet there's a fight about too-thin models at the same time. How could this not cause many insecure women (and men) to not have a clue how to feel about their bodies. In the USA, women are frequently told to cover their boobs and not breastfeed in public (one of the most normal acts in the history of humans - duh, we're MAMMALS), yet there are ads for Abercrombie, etc.. with barely clad teenagers. There is such a disparity of how the body is presented in advertising and news that it's almost amazing that there are some people with a healthy attitude towards their bodies.
    For what it's worth, I know very few people of any size who like to be photographed. There is a ring of truth to what Stone said and also an immaturity in how he said it. Maturity isn't just thinking a certain accepted way, it's really just acting like that's how you think.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    Since this thread has gone so far off track anyway, I might as well chip in a female opinion on this one. Image issues have way more causes than someone thinking that most larger people are the ones who don't want to be photographed. Try having models like those in the heroin-chic years (like Kate Moss in her early years), but the food pushed at us is more fat than food. There is a major obesity epidemic and yet there's a fight about too-thin models at the same time. How could this not cause many insecure women (and men) to not have a clue how to feel about their bodies. In the USA, women are frequently told to cover their boobs and not breastfeed in public (one of the most normal acts in the history of humans - duh, we're MAMMALS), yet there are ads for Abercrombie, etc.. with barely clad teenagers. There is such a disparity of how the body is presented in advertising and news that it's almost amazing that there are some people with a healthy attitude towards their bodies.
    For what it's worth, I know very few people of any size who like to be photographed. There is a ring of truth to what Stone said and also an immaturity in how he said it. Maturity isn't just thinking a certain accepted way, it's really just acting like that's how you think.
    I quite agree, though surely the onus is on the individual to think "I'm happy/not happy as I am," and not rely on the opinions of others or media opinion etc . . .?

Don't people have their own minds anymore?

"Maturity is acting like that's how you think." Stone must be mature then?
    "All I ask for is an M5 with a fast lens, a roll of HP5 and a street to shoot her by."

StreetPhotographyBlog

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    I totally agree about the breastfeeding comment, it really saddens me that mothers feel so much pressure from society to hide such a healthy and natural thing. I'm working with another photographer on a normalizing breastfeeding campaign. But it's in it's infant stage (no pun intended).

And yes I'm immature in my comments I'm sure there are certainly better ways to say things than I do. I just don't have much of a filter. I think if you all met me in person you'd see how my real personality and inflection in speech would change how I sound and I wouldn't seem like such a jerk.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I quite agree, though surely the onus is on the individual to think "I'm happy/not happy as I am," and not rely on the opinions of others or media opinion etc . . .?

Maturity is acting like you think the "accepted" way when you really don't. Not sure all here have made it to that definition.

And I'm not too sure many people do have their own minds anymore. Since all of it is so pervasive, it's easy for it to edge its way into your thinking, even if you do usually think for yourself. I keep complaining about the couple of pounds I've gained in the last few years 'cause I think my belly looks fat and blobby. Yes, literally a couple of pounds. And I know it's somewhat ridiculous, but it still bothers me.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin