Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,689   Posts: 1,669,395   Online: 901

Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 141819202122232425262728293034 ... LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    Too bad you're starting the project now - I finally completely weaned my little guy (yes, folks, he's 3 - normal weaning age should be 3-4, not 1). He got nursed in public in so many places I lost track. Don't let me go off on this topic.

If you need help finding models, check with the LaLeche League or some attachment parenting groups in your area.
    Oh no! Wish I had known I've been doing a separate project for a while now (which is how I got involved in this normalizing project because the artist saw my work and wanted to collaborate) which also incorporated breastfeeding in SOME of the images. So that's too bad.

Ahh well... You've already done so much for me, I'll PM you some exciting news

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In her 2012 TED talk, Cameron Russell (one of the most fabulously beautiful women on earth) said:

"The thing we will never say on camera, that I have never said on camera is that I am insecure. And I am insecure because I have to think about what I look like every day. If you're ever wondering if I have thinner thighs and shinier hair, will I be happier, you just need to meet a group of models because they have the thinnest thighs and the shiniest hair and the coolest clothes and they are the most physically insecure women, probably, on the planet".

In its entirety:

http://www.ted.com/talks/cameron_rus...m_a_model.html
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Rider View Post
    There's nothing wrong with a little belly on a woman, but that's probably just me?
    You are not alone. What this indicates is a mature realization of what women (and men) REALLY look like. After about the age of 16 most women develop a womanly appearance. Same for men, except it is a more manly version of the same. Sure, there are some really bufff men and women... but look around and anyone can easily notice that they are a minority (except maybe if one is only looking in the gym).

I worked with a guy who was a 60 year old single virgin... because he retained his adolesent attraction for Kelly Bundy. He actually still lusted after that image. Poor boy, now he is approaching 70 and he is still lonely because he does not want to face the fact that Kelly also matured and looks womanly.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Poor boy...
    oi!

yearning after an ideal--personal and flawed though it might be--has yielded some fairly decent works of art in the past... i say, let 'im be

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    In her 2012 TED talk, Cameron Russell (one of the most fabulously beautiful women on earth) said:

"The thing we will never say on camera, that I have never said on camera is that I am insecure. And I am insecure because I have to think about what I look like every day. If you're ever wondering if I have thinner thighs and shinier hair, will I be happier, you just need to meet a group of models because they have the thinnest thighs and the shiniest hair and the coolest clothes and they are the most physically insecure women, probably, on the planet".

In its entirety:

http://www.ted.com/talks/cameron_rus...m_a_model.html
    I believe it, I didn't say I believed they weren't insecure, only that they were more accustomed to the attention.

Often beautiful women I've met also don't know it or need reassurance, not always, but often enough. I also know a few who don't care and those are the most beautiful because they have raw beauty.

I'm also insecure about my extra 5 lbs and my belly but when people hear that they mock me too because I see my potential and they see that I'm fit.

I'm sure we are all insecure about something.

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm insecure about those extra 40 pounds!
    My blog / photo website: http://frankfoto.jimdo.com/

Openly biased and unabashedly
    pro film and wet darkroom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    I'm insecure about those extra 40 pounds!
    Ya, who isn't?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
    Just because you may have noticed certain behaviour in however many instances, doesn't mean it is correct.
    It means it is correct in those instances.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffle View Post
    Now his friends are scrambling to redeem his honour and to dignify his comments.
    Goes to show, people see what they want to see. Stone can tell you that I have gotten after him once or twice for something he said.

It wasn't a well-considered or well-structured comment, and its applicability to the situation described is questionable, but jeez. You're all in high dudgeon over this, wanting him to apologize to APUG and all women, when you cannot show that his comment is completely invalid. He was giving a statement based on his observation, generalizing in a way that may well not apply in the situation described. I understand your objecting to it, and consider your objection to have validity. But I object to your demanding a broad apology- it's better APUG be rough around the edges than become PC hell.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    There is a ring of truth to what Stone said and also an immaturity in how he said it.
    I agree with Bethe's assessment.

I also think a person here should be able to receive an admonishment for an objectionable statement without having a label slapped on them. Criticizing his statement as misogynistic, OK, but I have heard many similar "misogynistic" statements coming from women. Calling him a misogynist, I don't agree with.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin