Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,102   Online: 851

Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 141819202122232425262728293034 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I totally agree about the breastfeeding comment, it really saddens me that mothers feel so much pressure from society to hide such a healthy and natural thing. I'm working with another photographer on a normalizing breastfeeding campaign. But it's in it's infant stage (no pun intended).

And yes I'm immature in my comments I'm sure there are certainly better ways to say things than I do. I just don't have much of a filter. I think if you all met me in person you'd see how my real personality and inflection in speech would change how I sound and I wouldn't seem like such a jerk.

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    Too bad you're starting the project now - I finally completely weaned my little guy (yes, folks, he's 3 - normal weaning age should be 3-4, not 1). He got nursed in public in so many places I lost track. Don't let me go off on this topic.

If you need help finding models, check with the LaLeche League or some attachment parenting groups in your area.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    Maturity is acting like you think the "accepted" way when you really don't. Not sure all here have made it to that definition.

And I'm not too sure many people do have their own minds anymore. Since all of it is so pervasive, it's easy for it to edge its way into your thinking, even if you do usually think for yourself. I keep complaining about the couple of pounds I've gained in the last few years 'cause I think my belly looks fat and blobby. Yes, literally a couple of pounds. And I know it's somewhat ridiculous, but it still bothers me.
    There's nothing wrong with a little belly on a woman, but that's probably just me?

A couple are getting reasy for bed, the wife is looking in the mirror. She turns to her husband and says,

"My face is going wrinkly, my boobs are sagging and my bum is drooping, please tell me something to make me feel better."

He thinks for a bit, then says, "well there's nothing wrong with your eyesight ."
    "All I ask for is an M5 with a fast lens, a roll of HP5 and a street to shoot her by."

StreetPhotographyBlog

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    Too bad you're starting the project now - I finally completely weaned my little guy (yes, folks, he's 3 - normal weaning age should be 3-4, not 1). He got nursed in public in so many places I lost track. Don't let me go off on this topic.

If you need help finding models, check with the LaLeche League or some attachment parenting groups in your area.
    Oh no! Wish I had known I've been doing a separate project for a while now (which is how I got involved in this normalizing project because the artist saw my work and wanted to collaborate) which also incorporated breastfeeding in SOME of the images. So that's too bad.

Ahh well... You've already done so much for me, I'll PM you some exciting news

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In her 2012 TED talk, Cameron Russell (one of the most fabulously beautiful women on earth) said:

"The thing we will never say on camera, that I have never said on camera is that I am insecure. And I am insecure because I have to think about what I look like every day. If you're ever wondering if I have thinner thighs and shinier hair, will I be happier, you just need to meet a group of models because they have the thinnest thighs and the shiniest hair and the coolest clothes and they are the most physically insecure women, probably, on the planet".

In its entirety:

http://www.ted.com/talks/cameron_rus...m_a_model.html
    A politician is a man who will double cross that bridge when he comes to it.

Oscar Levant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Rider View Post
    There's nothing wrong with a little belly on a woman, but that's probably just me?
    You are not alone. What this indicates is a mature realization of what women (and men) REALLY look like. After about the age of 16 most women develop a womanly appearance. Same for men, except it is a more manly version of the same. Sure, there are some really bufff men and women... but look around and anyone can easily notice that they are a minority (except maybe if one is only looking in the gym).

I worked with a guy who was a 60 year old single virgin... because he retained his adolesent attraction for Kelly Bundy. He actually still lusted after that image. Poor boy, now he is approaching 70 and he is still lonely because he does not want to face the fact that Kelly also matured and looks womanly.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Poor boy...
    oi!

yearning after an ideal--personal and flawed though it might be--has yielded some fairly decent works of art in the past... i say, let 'im be

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    In her 2012 TED talk, Cameron Russell (one of the most fabulously beautiful women on earth) said:

"The thing we will never say on camera, that I have never said on camera is that I am insecure. And I am insecure because I have to think about what I look like every day. If you're ever wondering if I have thinner thighs and shinier hair, will I be happier, you just need to meet a group of models because they have the thinnest thighs and the shiniest hair and the coolest clothes and they are the most physically insecure women, probably, on the planet".

In its entirety:

http://www.ted.com/talks/cameron_rus...m_a_model.html
    I believe it, I didn't say I believed they weren't insecure, only that they were more accustomed to the attention.

Often beautiful women I've met also don't know it or need reassurance, not always, but often enough. I also know a few who don't care and those are the most beautiful because they have raw beauty.

I'm also insecure about my extra 5 lbs and my belly but when people hear that they mock me too because I see my potential and they see that I'm fit.

I'm sure we are all insecure about something.

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm insecure about those extra 40 pounds!
    Art should unsettle the comfortable, and comfort the unsettled.

My photo website: http://frankfoto.jimdo.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    I'm insecure about those extra 40 pounds!
    Ya, who isn't?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    That's our Stone. One day he will mature.
    Don't count on it.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin