Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,691   Posts: 1,548,927   Online: 793

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Just what are our rights in the USA in regards to public photography?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinCrabtree View Post
    Just what are our rights in the USA in regards to public photography?
    It's legal. Just don't let law enforcement or the general public catch you doing it...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Rider View Post
    Batwister,

My attire today was brown walking boots, dark blue jeans and a black 'Motorhead' tour T-Shirt.

Yes or No?
    No. I don't like Motorhead...

But seriously, always wear a shirt and a cheesy grin.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	087da5a0-ab9b-4712-b1fd-f8b71d1721ce.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	71175
    'Cows are very fond of being photographed, and, unlike architecture, don't move.' - Oscar Wilde

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by batwister View Post
    No. I don't like Motorhead...

But seriously, always wear a shirt and a cheesy grin.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	087da5a0-ab9b-4712-b1fd-f8b71d1721ce.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	71175
    Thanks. Now I've gotta wipe the Pringles off my iphone.

So I should go for the Gok Wan look?
    "All I ask for is an M5 with a fast lens, a roll of HP5 and a street to shoot her by."

StreetPhotographyBlog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Rider View Post
    Thanks. Now I've gotta wipe the Pringles off my iphone.

So I should go for the Gok Wan look?
    All I'll say is, when confronted by these characters in future, just ask yourself; "what would Gok do?"

To conclude, you go girl.
    'Cows are very fond of being photographed, and, unlike architecture, don't move.' - Oscar Wilde

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by batwister View Post
    All I'll say is, when confronted by these characters in future, just ask yourself; "what would Gok do?"

To conclude, you go girl.
    If I followed Gok's lead I would have said, "you've got great bangers darling, so show 'em off."

Then sit and wait for the men in white coats.
    Last edited by Ming Rider; 07-06-2013 at 07:07 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "All I ask for is an M5 with a fast lens, a roll of HP5 and a street to shoot her by."

StreetPhotographyBlog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The real perverts are behind government cameras... watching us for our own good and their own pleasure...

As for the woman, i had a photo shoot at a park, and while waiting i sat on a concrete table/bench. This homeless guy leaves his cart next to the table next to me... he goes to the restroom and comes back and says... 'did you take a picture of my stuff... you probably did, huh, don't be photographing my stuff without my permission'... i don't do street photography... but i told this guy i could photograph what i wanted since it was on public property. He shut up and that was the end of it until he offered me some fries and burgers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mesantacruz View Post
    The real perverts are behind government cameras... watching us for our own good and their own pleasure...
    You are not actually far from the truth. About 15 years ago I used to do building maintenance in a series of buildings in a very well known city (not in Australia). During that time I got to know a bunch of the security team who were assigned to these buildings. They used to have have a tape that they would dub certain footage too, which they showed me once. The footage was of, lets say, private liaisons in secluded areas.

Yes, there are certain areas in most cities where you cannot do ANYTHING without someone watching...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    You're seriously asking what a busybody mother would think of a dude wearing a Motorhead shirt? :P

The law in the US is: if you are in public space, and you can see it from there, you have an explicit right to photograph it for any non-commercial reason. Full stop.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Darn near every cell phone made in the last ten years has a camera built into it. Nobody thinks anything of a person with a phone. Have a real camera, and all of a sudden people in public places are worried about their privacy.

The Boston marathon bombing should have laid to rest any idea of not being photographed while out and about. Between private images and security videos, the police were able to rapidly figure out what happened.

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin