Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,869   Online: 1030

Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2125262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by batwister View Post
    ^ Here's an outtake:

Attachment 71407
    That too haha, you're all pervs! I'm the safe one, I only shoot nude young couples, you shoot older clothed couples, for shame! hehe (this is a joke fella's, it's not meant to be agist, or sexist, or anything but silly).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    (this is a joke fella's, it's not meant to be agist, or sexist, or anything but silly).
    You should put this sentence in your signature

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    That too haha, you're all pervs! I'm the safe one, I only shoot nude young couples, you shoot older clothed couples, for shame! hehe (this is a joke fella's, it's not meant to be agist, or sexist, or anything but silly).
    I actually just grabbed it from Alamy. I can take better pictures of old people than that!
    'Cows are very fond of being photographed, and, unlike architecture, don't move.' - Oscar Wilde

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by darkosaric View Post
    You should put this sentence in your signature
    Good idea

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    I had a pervert call out today. I was testing a Widelux I bot on ebay. I had a light meter in hand. Was up front about it, not sneak hip shooting. Was at a Catholic street fair / fund raiser. The officials there could not wrap their head around why I wanted to take photos of kids that were not my own.

He asked my name, city of residence etc. Wanted me to email him some photos. What a joke. I could email whatever. I told him it was film not digital. He eventually left me alone and kept an eye on me. I ran out of film and left. I was there last night, will be back tonight. As long as the police don't throw me out, I keep shooting. But it is private property and they could ask me to stop / leave.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Iluvmycam View Post
    I had a pervert call out today. I was testing a Widelux I bot on ebay. I had a light meter in hand. Was up front about it, not sneak hip shooting. Was at a Catholic street fair / fund raiser. The officials there could not wrap their head around why I wanted to take photos of kids that were not my own.

He asked my name, city of residence etc. Wanted me to email him some photos. What a joke. I could email whatever. I told him it was film not digital. He eventually left me alone and kept an eye on me. I ran out of film and left. I was there last night, will be back tonight. As long as the police don't throw me out, I keep shooting. But it is private property and they could ask me to stop / leave.
    But... Why catholic children? Don't they have enough issues with priests without a creepy guy shooting pictures they can't post on FB (facebook)... Lol

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    WAIT A SECOND ! Think about WHY some official would ask a photographer to e-mail him some photos and why do you suppose he was keeping an eye on you? Hmmmm? Huh? HUH ! I probably would have called the cops and told them some guy with the church is soliciting child photographs from you, What's up with THAT? And they're always the victims, aren't they? And IMHO what's creepy here is the guy asked for photos ! YIKES !

This is what the world has become. <SIGH> This is where their minds are at without even thinking about what they're asking. I wouldn't send that guy anything other than a thanks for asking note by mail with a business card and maybe a link to your web site sans any pix of children of course.

Mark

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Feldstein View Post
    WAIT A SECOND ! Think about WHY some official would ask a photographer to e-mail him some photos and why do you suppose he was keeping an eye on you? Hmmmm? Huh? HUH ! I probably would have called the cops and told them some guy with the church is soliciting child photographs from you, What's up with THAT? And they're always the victims, aren't they? And IMHO what's creepy here is the guy asked for photos ! YIKES !

This is what the world has become. <SIGH> This is where their minds are at without even thinking about what they're asking. I wouldn't send that guy anything other than a thanks for asking note by mail with a business card and maybe a link to your web site sans any pix of children of course.

Mark
    I hadn't thought of that... Lol

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Feldstein View Post

Mark
    I just got back from trying to shoot at the same place tonight. I was there about 5 minutes. Took maybe 3 pix. The same guy came up to me and said there was a big stink after I left in the afternoon. The parents were upset that 'someone' was taking pix of the kids. Bottom line, I leave or they call the police. Since it is private property, I have no other choice. (I wasn't only shooting kids. I was trying to shoot an anorexic lady in the afternoon. I shoot whatever is interesting.)

The guy had a hard time trying to figure out what to say to me this afternoon. The deal about the 'emailing pictures to him' was an 'ice breaker' for him to approach me. He said he wanted some photos for promotion for next year. Then after I started talking to him 'some' the truth came out about why he wanted the photos and why he wanted to talk to me.

This evening, no BS. He came right out and said they were worried and wanted me to leave. Yea, it was kinda a weird conversation in the afternoon. it started out one way like he was interested in getting some photos . But ended up with the truth coming out that they think photogs, at least male ones are perverts.

Any analog ladies out there?

Are the ladies hassled like men photogs when they point their cameras at kids?

Luckily we can shoot all sorts of things beside kids. It would be hell trying to do battle like this day in and day out. This is like double the stress of street photography. It is like taking pix of a bomb ready to blow...you can't relax one bit!

I had forgot, but I was hassled about 8 years ago at a public pool. I was testing an underwater video cam. I snorkeled around the pool taking test video of whatever was in the water...kids, adults, floats. Maybe 2 minutes if that worth of vid. A lifeguard hassled me about shooting the video. I told him yes I shot kids, adults anything I could to see how it worked. I told him I wasn't taking it diving before giving it at least a small test. He didn't get it.
    Last edited by Iluvmycam; 07-13-2013 at 09:27 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Iluvmycam View Post
    I just got back from trying to shoot at the same place tonight. I was there about 5 minutes. Took maybe 3 pix. The same guy came up to me and said there was a big stink after I left in the afternoon. The parents were upset that 'someone' was taking pix of the kids. Bottom line, I leave or they call the police. Since it is private property, I have no other choice. (I wasn't only shooting kids. I was trying to shoot an anorexic lady in the afternoon. I shoot whatever is interesting.)

The guy had a hard time trying to figure out what to say to me this afternoon. The deal about the 'emailing pictures to him' was an 'ice breaker' for him to approach me. He said he wanted some photos for promotion for next year. Then after I started talking to him 'some' the truth came out about why he wanted the photos and why he wanted to talk to me.

This evening, no BS. He came right out and said they were worried and wanted me to leave. Yea, it was kinda a weird conversation in the afternoon. it started out one way like he was interested in getting some photos . But ended up with the truth coming out that they think photogs, at least male ones are perverts.

Any analog ladies out there?

Are the ladies hassled like men photogs when they point their cameras at kids?

Luckily we can shoot all sorts of things beside kids. It would be hell trying to do battle like this day in and day out. This is like double the stress of street photography. It is like taking pix of a bomb ready to blow...you can't relax one bit!

I had forgot, but I was hassled about 8 years ago at a public pool. I was testing an underwater video cam. I snorkeled around the pool taking test video of whatever was in the water...kids, adults, floats. Maybe 2 minutes if that worth of vid. A lifeguard hassled me about shooting the video. I told him yes I shot kids, adults anything I could to see how it worked. I told him I wasn't taking it diving before giving it at least a small test. He didn't get it.
    I have to admit, even as a photographer, I feel like SOME of what you describe would even freak me out and bother me. I don't know why, I guess I just find it hard to believe that you wouldn't see why it might be creepy, perhaps you should go there with others so its not so weird.

Or go with a 4x5 so you can explain that you're shooting "street" images just like the old days to capture the "American lifestyle" it would make it seem more legit somehow I guess.

And underwater at a pool, that is certainly suspect...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin