Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,786   Online: 716
      
Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 26303132333435363738 LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 376
  1. #351
    Blighty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lancaster, N.W. England
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    876
    Images
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Rider View Post
    If someone was to read the last few pages and not the opening post, they may be lead to believe that this thread WAS about a serial naked ice cream licking child photographer.
    You make it sound so perverted
    Norman is an island.Time and tide wait for Norman.

  2. #352

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    607
    Images
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    this thread is starting to sound like a bad movie ...
    As bad as this?

    http://www.imdb.com/media/rm46502016...4?ref_=tt_ov_i

  3. #353
    Mark Feldstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Monterey, CA / BiCoastal NY
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    163
    Whaddya mean "starting to sound like a bad movie" ?!
    _________________________________
    Without guys like John Coltrane, Count Basie and Duke Ellington, life....would be meaningless.

  4. #354
    lxdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Redlands, So. Calif.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    6,628
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    I have been amazed as I've got older at how many people have a screw loose. You are bound to find adverse reactions doing street photography.
    OK, so today I decided to try some street photography.

    I thought it was going well until I was attacked by an angry guy, and in the scuffle the camera got completely jammed!


    So now I'm wondering, does anyone know the best way to remove a Yashicamat from my ass?
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

  5. #355

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    7,241
    Images
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    OK, so today I decided to try some street photography.

    I thought it was going well until I was attacked by an angry guy, and in the scuffle the camera got completely jammed!


    So now I'm wondering, does anyone know the best way to remove a Yashicamat from my ass?
    Lol! Complete joke or partial truth?

    Just did some street photography with my newly squired yashika44LM it's safe to say mine is not jammed, and all my subjects were fascinated by the camera and let me take their candids on the NYC streets and a Johnny Rockets restaurant including a few staff who WANTED to be in the picture, I think I'm just really approachable and friendly and that helps.

    Of course I took them on 1966 expired Verichrome Pan so might not have come out LOL


    ~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #356
    Ken Nadvornick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Monroe, WA, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,217
    Images
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    ...and let me take their candids on the NYC streets...
    Say what? Hey! Wait a minute!

    Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

    — Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

  7. #357
    hoffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,880
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Lol! Complete joke or partial truth?

    Just did some street photography with my newly squired yashika44LM it's safe to say mine is not jammed, and all my subjects were fascinated by the camera and let me take their candids on the NYC streets and a Johnny Rockets restaurant including a few staff who WANTED to be in the picture, I think I'm just really approachable and friendly and that helps.

    Of course I took them on 1966 expired Verichrome Pan so might not have come out LOL


    ~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    Here's the thing - I think that NYC is very much one of the very few places in the world where street photography will not even batter an eye lid. There is something about that place that people just don't seem to care about little things like this.

  8. #358

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    7,241
    Images
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffy View Post
    Here's the thing - I think that NYC is very much one of the very few places in the world where street photography will not even batter an eye lid. There is something about that place that people just don't seem to care about little things like this.
    Have you been here much?

    Not always the case, but I think as an Actor I can be aware of my facial expressions and persona, and I always try to put forth the real me, which is a very excited about photography type or person, and use that excitement in that moment to make it ok and not get people upset. I think that's why online I seem like such a dick, because my personality never comes through in my text.

    I've certainly seen people's cameras get destroyed in NY by someone who didn't like their picture taken.

    Also, being aware of PEOPLE... there's a thing about TLR's and WLF type cameras that bother people less... something about looking down instead of AT them, seems to lessen their reactions and you get a more natural look as well. I think that the OP should probably learn to use a TLR instead of a leica and perhaps he won't be viewed as such a creep

  9. #359
    C.poulton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    London
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    23
    I've often wanted to take shots of children when out shooting but have been put off by the risk of being labeled a 'pervert'.....

    It never used to be like this - before the whole mass hysteria of every male photographer being viewed by the general public as a potential pedophile if they so much as point a camera in the general direction of any child. (Or a terrorist if they try and shoot architecture!)

    I would like to know from any female photographers out there if they have had any problems with photographing children, or is this just a male thing?

  10. #360
    hoffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,880
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Have you been here much?

    Not always the case, but I think as an Actor I can be aware of my facial expressions and persona, and I always try to put forth the real me, which is a very excited about photography type or person, and use that excitement in that moment to make it ok and not get people upset. I think that's why online I seem like such a dick, because my personality never comes through in my text.

    I've certainly seen people's cameras get destroyed in NY by someone who didn't like their picture taken.

    Also, being aware of PEOPLE... there's a thing about TLR's and WLF type cameras that bother people less... something about looking down instead of AT them, seems to lessen their reactions and you get a more natural look as well. I think that the OP should probably learn to use a TLR instead of a leica and perhaps he won't be viewed as such a creep
    That's interesting to know.

    I went to NYC in 96 - it was probably the highlight of my stateside travels back then. I loved the city. I loved the people. I loved that I was in a laundromat and people started to talk to me. I loved that I was wearing a T-shirt that someone found (mildly) offensive and she challenged me about it.

    But, I suppose, back then I didn't care too much about street photography, so it wasn't something I did.

    I guess I have taken my recent cues and views from seeing clips on the likes of Meyerwitz and Gilden and what a guy I know locally did when he was over there a few years ago.



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin