Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,117   Online: 811

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bob, fair point. There are exceptions to every rule, of course. But when it comes to what people generally consider to be the genre of "fine art" photographic prints, I think most photographers worrying about preserving their respective oeuvres for the ages have overinflated senses of self importance. I'm more of Tom1956's opinion, even when it comes to those of us who work hard to make the highest quality art. On the other hand perhaps I'm too much of a downer...
    Last edited by Michael R 1974; 07-12-2013 at 01:05 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I throwed all my negatives,slides,notebooks and books. I am following a different path to be registered in patent database. Britain cares about technical history and inventors. I appeared in their Patent Gazette. That was good.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    I'm with David Brown on this. Once I'm dead who cares about my prints unless I'm a news photographer, which I'm not. As for negatives, even in the case of famous photographers there's no real value to new prints made from negatives after the photographer is dead. So I'd say people who worry about their negatives lasting hundreds of years are all ego. Nobody's negatives need to outlast the photographer.
    C'mon - this is nonsense.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Pixel View Post
    You should look into any California State Library collections or college/universities in the LA area.

Just a note of thanks Prof.

CA State Library worked out...BIG.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin