Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,199   Posts: 1,531,480   Online: 878

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I get slammed every time I talk digital here , 6 pages , is APUG turning a new leaf

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    I get slammed every time I talk digital here , 6 pages , is APUG turning a new leaf
    Be quiet and go back to your cave!
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I don't know how to use Photoshop.And the Nikon software is limited. So I better get it good in the camera.

That'll be fixed in school this fall. I have to buy a new laptop and CS4,5 or 6 as well.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I am so glad I have stirred a conversation here! I was at a conference these last two days, I took my Argus C3. I think I took a total of 3 shots. I didn't take any with my cell, which has a fantastic 13 million pixel auto-focus
    dealibob in it. I don't know if any of those three shots will turn out, but they were not worth me bracketing or metering carefully. I'll not be upset if they don't turn out. I also can't say that I would have taken any more shots
    had I brought the one digital camera I own. I prefer film for a number of reasons and am glad people are "coming back to film". In the past two years, I had set my digital camera up to only take manual mode, raw images and
    have limited on purpose the number of images I can take by memory card size. I find with those limitations the digi-cam is much slower to shoot than the comparative 135, and I am personally OK with that.

Thanks for so far sharing fantastic stories and thoughts, keep it up!
    - J. Richard
    4x5 Speed Graphic, Looking for another 8x10.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by blansky View Post
    Interchangeable lenses. Overshoot one camera. Swap lenses and keep going.

If there's time to swap lenses. Often there's not. And what if you've already done that?

Better to budget shots as action is building in order to have the frames when they are needed. If there's time, change a roll before it's finished. If there's just enough time to swap lenses, do that. I'm talking about the short time frame of fast action, fast motor drives.

36 shots at 8 FPS take 4.5 seconds. It's really easy to end up high and dry at the crucial moment.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    I'll let you talk your digital ears off if you share some of that precious new55 with me

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin