Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,909   Posts: 1,556,158   Online: 1061

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    They wouldn't dare
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    one time in the Mountain. I have set up my panoramic Camera,I was waiting for the cloud to cover the sun so i walked around and then there is 2 lady approach me and ask are you doing some documentary or something? I replied, "I'm Making a photograph" and I show them the viewfinder, both of them have same reaction..."OMG I can see the whole scene". they both look at the scene and the Viewfinder twice.

Shooter
    Large Format
    One interesting reaction: while I was shooting in downtown Chicago with my 4x5 monorail, a cab driver stopped and asked me where I had my film developed. Often, I am approached by curious people, and I try to show them the ground glass image when practicable.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Iíve never had a stranger give me grief about using film. Probably a good thing, since I imagine I would not react positively to a stranger commenting on something that was none of their business.

However, I was at a park one time and was placing my camera case and tripod in the back of the car. Some guy on a bicycle (tight shorts, helmet, you know the ones) rode up, screeched to a halt and immediately launched into a description of his new whatever-it-was and its quantitative characteristics and the size of his lenses. When he finally came up for air, he asked what I was shooting. I opened the case and pulled out the RB67, and suddenly size-is-everything boy was late for his cycling event.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown View Post
    Iíve never had a stranger give me grief about using film. Probably a good thing, since I imagine I would not react positively to a stranger commenting on something that was none of their business.

However, I was at a park one time and was placing my camera case and tripod in the back of the car. Some guy on a bicycle (tight shorts, helmet, you know the ones) rode up, screeched to a halt and immediately launched into a description of his new whatever-it-was and its quantitative characteristics and the size of his lenses. When he finally came up for air, he asked what I was shooting. I opened the case and pulled out the RB67, and suddenly size-is-everything boy was late for his cycling event.

Love it! I'd love to be able to do the same thing with my 645n! Just think of his reaction had you pulled out a Linhof Super Teknica!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was photographing on the waterfront with my F5 and as I passed some kids they said that guys camera is on steroids.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    I was photographing on the waterfront with my F5 and as I passed some kids they said that guys camera is on steroids.
    What would they have said if you'd been shooting with a Pentax 67?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by GRHazelton View Post
    Love it! I'd love to be able to do the same thing with my 645n! Just think of his reaction had you pulled out a Linhof Super Teknica!
    8x10 or, better yet, 11x14 Deardorf (or larger view camera.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    8x10 or, better yet, 11x14 Deardorf (or larger view camera.)
    But...would they have known it was a camera??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by GRHazelton View Post
    But...would they have known it was a camera??
    People always know my Technika is a camera. I think a Deardorf looks more like a camera than an RB67 does. It's almost THE classic camera shape. Now if you had a new Ebony or Chamonix or whatever, they'll think it's a restored antique.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin