Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,851   Posts: 1,582,860   Online: 831

Thread: Project setting

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Project setting

As well as general photography, from time to time I set myself specific projects over a period of several months, for example producing 20 images based on a certain theme. I find this gives me a goal and by doing the actual project I often develop new ideas along the way. Do others find this sort of thing useful?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    From time to time I do.

Jeff

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I tend to set more life-long projects (photographing along Prairie Creek, for example) and they tend to be fairly loose.

I have a project along Redwood Creek that I recently started, but it also has no end-point, but hopefully "done" before I can no longer backpack (with a 4x5 camera).

I had a project that was basically a 6 month bicycle tour in New Zealand (1986/87) that was self-limiting since I could/can not afford to fly over there to flesh it out.

That is pretty much the limit of my projects, though I guess photographing my boys in the landscape is another project that is limited by my boys growing up and being willing to pose for me (they are 16 years old now).

Three Boys, Three Snags, 2008
    8x10 negative, carbon print
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Three Boys_Three Snags.jpg  
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin