Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,775   Posts: 1,484,515   Online: 813

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The grass is always greener on the other side. If you keep moving because you lost your muse, you are gonna be broke fast.... Find a photo buddy that will take you places you normally would not go, or shoot with a style you have never tried.
    Get it right in the camera, the first time...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I live in a highly photographic area for sure, but even when I did not, I still always found interesting things or people to photograph. But I am also very protective of what I shoot and have often had to fake a composition as a matter of distracting amateur camera owners who can't seem to think for them selves and don't give a second thought as to copying my shots.....this happens more and more lately with the digi-snapper age.

As for the clubs and such, I only seek those out for my one and only hobby of astronomy, photography is my living, life and who I am, I don't need a club or a gathering for that unless I am teaching a workshop.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    As far as I can tell, you're not allowed to visit or live in Santa Fe without a camera.
    I live in Tucson, and I think the same rule applies here, especially if you frequent the major tourist sites like the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum!

Jim

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Speaking for Portland Oregon, it might just be the circles I run in having been a photographer for my whole life but it seems to me to be very over crowded with photographers here. It seems like if you threw a rock in a crowd you would likely hit a photographer on the head. There are some photographic institutions here developed from the thick population of photographers. To me Portland Oregon is picturesque in a pretty sort of way but not often very inspirational. Unless pretty pictures inspire you. Of course my photography is personal and mostly still life and always devoid of people. The beach is close and the mountains are close and you will always run into photographers in those places.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    I live in a highly photographic area for sure, but even when I did not, I still always found interesting things or people to photograph. But I am also very protective of what I shoot and have often had to fake a composition as a matter of distracting amateur camera owners who can't seem to think for them selves and don't give a second thought as to copying my shots.....this happens more and more lately with the digi-snapper age.

As for the clubs and such, I only seek those out for my one and only hobby of astronomy, photography is my living, life and who I am, I don't need a club or a gathering for that unless I am teaching a workshop.
    So when are you going to post some ASTRAL photography??

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkroom317 View Post
    Our general area really needs some sort of photography gathering. You really aren't that far from where I am.
    Not that really terribly far at all.

We go to Tulsa, even further, several times a year to visit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have the good fortune to live in a very good "climate" for photographic creativity. Beautiful, but not exceedingly dramatic.

So there are not hordes of photographers. But there is an active artistic community here. I'm acquainted with a few local photographers. These acquaintances occasionally come up in stories I tell on APUG, and I love the fact they each approach photography "differently" than I do.

My wife and I have a pact that we will either live in the mountains or at the coast. She grew up in Carmel, we met in Camp Nelson and now we live on the coast a little south of San Francisco...

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post
    My wife and I have a pact that we will either live in the mountains or at the coast. She grew up in Carmel, we met in Camp Nelson and now we live on the coast a little south of San Francisco...
    Hey Bill. HMB? Montara? Pacifica?
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    Hey Bill. HMB? Montara? Pacifica?
    Pacifica, on San Pedro creek near Linda Mar beach.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post
    Pacifica, on San Pedro creek near Linda Mar beach.
    Cool I used to live in Pacific manor area myself.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin