Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,498   Posts: 1,543,103   Online: 1029

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Is kickstarter the only way to buy this lens?
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The shocking thing to me is they raised 1.2M from under 3000 sponsors. Obviously there was strong interest. OP: no one is interested in video? Are you kidding? I bet people are looking to shoot video with this lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by erikg View Post
    The shocking thing to me is they raised 1.2M from under 3000 sponsors. Obviously there was strong interest. OP: no one is interested in video? Are you kidding? I bet people are looking to shoot video with this lens.
    that's only 400 for each sponsor -- one wonders if they can actually tool up to only make/sell 3000 lenses. But of course it's pretty crudely made -- unfinished brass -- and the whole point is to produce unique images. Very Holga-esque.

what the heck, people want it, they're willing to pay. Fine by me -- anything to move the economy.

Shooter
    35mm
    Seems like I remember reading some time ago about Lomography wanting to get into producing cameras of better quality w/better optics than the plastic cameras, still in a retro style. I like the idea of bringing something from early 1850's photography into use in the 21st century.

I wouldn't have expected with a goal of $100,000 that it would have exceeded $1 mil. I think the only way to preorder at this point is thru their Kickstarter campaign.
    Sharon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin