Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,944   Posts: 1,585,791   Online: 1053

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    I've been waiting for this post. in other words, it depends on who you are, not what you make. Meet Brett Cohen..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYU1a0lTTTw
    The reality is a mixture of product and artist, though at the big money end, it's mostly a pi55ing contest between begabucks patrons and curators to see what they can get away with. Creating an artist is an act of connoisseurship on the part of the patron, so all the kudos - and the profit when they decide to sell - comes back to them. The artist is a pawn in a bigger game, the art futures market. People making art, including photographic art, has next to nothing to do with the art market. Confuse the two and you'll go insane.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    I've been waiting for this post. in other words, it depends on who you are, not what you make. Meet Brett Cohen..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYU1a0lTTTw
    you forgot "who you know" as well you could be THE BEST but because you don't know and schmooze with soandso you won't be recognized
    and collected by whatshisname

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by blockend View Post
    People making art, including photographic art, has next to nothing to do with the art market. Confuse the two and you'll go insane.
    I don't share this view. As an art photographer you can chose to do your own art thing or to try to get into that ART Business. I would not refrain of still calling the latter art photographers.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin