Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,895   Posts: 1,520,983   Online: 932

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use nano as well, I don't have any serious word-processing to do most of the time.
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Moopheus View Post
    In the broadest sense, any data that tells you something about the interests, purchases, travels, etc. of the user is data that can be sold for marketing purposes. If Instagram has data that says, say, some of our users vacation in Ireland, they might get Aer Lingus to buy ads. You might also recall that FB floated a plan where Instagram would sell content, essentially acting as a microstock agency, but that users (providers of content) would get bupkis. This didn't go over very well.
    We are all familiar with Google's tuning it's ads based on your searches, but it turns out they do this with your gMail account also based on the "content" of the eMail. Watched two gents on one of the major networks test this and the test verified this practice.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c5x4 View Post
    Can we start a vi versus emacs debate
    Good gosh, this whole site would go crazy! See, we know Sean is a Unix guy, so God knows what would happen. Let's say he is a vi-guy (like all decent people), and then the emacs folks start winning the debate, well, I foresee site-bans for all those rogue-emacs-folks (rightfully so ), and thus, I beg thee to noth-mess-with-the-fabric-of-the-universe for the love of unix, apug and merely all of humanity and I don't think digital vs digital debates are allowed! Heheeeee! Love you unix'rs! viva le vi
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c5x4 View Post
    Can we start a vi versus emacs debate
    Everyone knows that the vim rules the world and there's no debate about it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    Good gosh, this whole site would go crazy! See, we know Sean is a Unix guy, so God knows what would happen. Let's say he is a vi-guy (like all decent people), and then the emacs folks start winning the debate, well, I foresee site-bans for all those rogue-emacs-folks (rightfully so ), and thus, I beg thee to noth-mess-with-the-fabric-of-the-universe for the love of unix, apug and merely all of humanity and I don't think digital vs digital debates are allowed! Heheeeee! Love you unix'rs! viva le vi
    we can just FIX the emacs people with :%s/emacs/vi/g

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin