Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,705   Posts: 1,482,799   Online: 1083

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    To misquote ex Prez Bill Clinton, I guess it depends on what the definition of keeper is. I tend to run somewhere around 1 keeper to 250 frames, if I'm lucky. So you probably got as many keepers on that roll as I do in a year using 36 exposure 35mm film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    beautiful work nathan !
    i hope you stay on "the roll"
    or at least have fun

john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by momus View Post
    To misquote ex Prez Bill Clinton, I guess it depends on what the definition of keeper is. I tend to run somewhere around 1 keeper to 250 frames, if I'm lucky. So you probably got as many keepers on that roll as I do in a year using 36 exposure 35mm film.
    It certainly depends, and there are keepers and then there are keepers, if you see what I mean. I'm not sure how many of the images I treat as "keepers" now will look good even to my eye in a year, let alone be of interest to anyone else.

But, geez, I don't think I'd have the strength of character to consistently shoot 250 images only to throw away 249 of them. I'm not sure if you have more of my respect or my sympathy; isn't that level of selectivity pretty frustrating as well as expensive?

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Still waiting for that day to happen... Never more than three or four on the same roll that end up printed or at least scanned.

I really like this one: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ntenny/...57635349631949
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Nathan - Great set-a-12! Glad you hit it that day! Keep it up! I love how long ago it was you shot this roll. I hope you remember what mojo you brought to the table that day with such great keepers! Would look great all 12 on a wall

Gosh, #8 though has me...ovation

Btw, when ya figure out what the mojo was, do share or maybe patent it
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    ^ Haaaa Thomas!!! We both picked 8?! I didn't even read your comment before I listed my above!! I see something there too...to me it's that gradiated top 1/3....cyclical...yet random....

If only I hit a whole roll too! There's hope we mere mortals have seeing this from Nathan
    Andy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I love it when that happens. Of course I only need to hit 10 in a row

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Can't say it ever happened to me, but maybe I'm too self critical.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    The nearest I came was in 1979 when I shot four of my favourite black and white images on a strip of six negatives. I printed those so many times in different ways trying to get the best out of the neg, they were put into semi-retirement. Each frame was of a different subject. If only my batting average had stayed so high...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    OP, you'll have plenty of time in the nursing home to look back at your accomplishments.
    'Cows are very fond of being photographed, and, unlike architecture, don't move.' - Oscar Wilde

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin