Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,774   Online: 926

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just take out an old friend of a camera to a loved location and shoot some film. Whatever you do don't stop being creative and the thrill will come back. We are all affected by this from time to time and you need to see through the mist - making images is the only way forward - not sitting at home thinking about them!

Best of luck and let us know how it all works out

Neil.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The hardest part is getting out of the damn house....there are a million potential excuses...too tired, too late, nowhere to go, etc, etc...

Shooter
    Large Format
    nothing wrong with making photographs close to home, either IN your house or around the yard.
    i rarely make it out more than my yard .. or inside ( or down the street ). if i am lucky i go about 6 miles away, but i don't see the point
    seeing there is plenty to see and photograph right under my nose.
    the other thing to do when im in a rut is something completely different. instead of using a camera, get a couple of oz of cyanotype fluid,
    coat some paper or cloth or whatever .. and make some photograms, or use some photo paper and make some lumen or retina prints ..
    don't bother with the camera .. and nothing to PRINT so you won't feel guilty ... no film lying around to process, or 1000 negatives to print.

you could always cook dinner ..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I do nothing, and go out without a camera. It's surprising how fast you want to then make images.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    I do nothing, and go out without a camera. It's surprising how fast you want to then make images.
    bingo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jp498 View Post
    I just go for walks with my camera, and not to hunt beauty, but with the idea that beauty is everywhere, and I need to find the composition or combination that shows it well in silver.
    This is what it is all about! What a great way to think!

Shooter
    35mm
    OP, 1 in 60 is not bad. I sometimes will take a break with some photo books. But nothing beats getting out there to shoot. Good luck!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Being in a rut is nothing new to me. My solution has been to go back through 40+ years of negatives to find new interpretations of old subjects. If you're new to photography this obviously doesn't work.
    For the past several years, since bypass surgery, I've had a rough time being motivated to take any of my cameras out. I feel fine, just lacking in ambition to create new images. A lot of times I take a walk and just let my eyes be the camera. If something strikes me as a good subject it is noted and a follow up visit with a camera is made.
    Don't push yourself into the need to make images just because you are there. Lack of motivation/ambition has resulted in fewer images but more of them tend to be keepers.

ROL
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    what do you do when you are in a rut?

Dig deeper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Inverted First Rule of Holes??

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin