Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,652   Online: 736
      
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678
Results 71 to 79 of 79
  1. #71

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    600
    Images
    57
    I think china would be ruined as well if America stopped or was not able to buy all the goods that china produces. It takes a lot of factories to keep a billion + Chinese people employed and appeased. China's not gonna hurt itself just to hurt America IMO.

  2. #72
    Truzi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,041
    Calling a debt in a manner we cannot repay could possibly lead to an armed conflict. Similar things in the past have led to large wars, one way or another.
    Truzi

  3. #73

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southern USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,840
    Please people lets have some facts. At the end of 2011, when America’s gross public debt stood at $14.3 trillion, China’s holdings amounted to just $1.2 trillion, or 8.4 percent of the total. So much for the popular myth of the China debt.
    \
    Foreign holdings excluding China stood at 22.4 percent, and domestic holdings at 27.3 percent.

    But the largest percentage of debt was held by the Social Security Trust Fund and the Federal Reserve: 39.9 percent or $5.7 trillion.

    The Federal Reserve in fiscal 2011 was the largest buyer of new U.S. Treasury debt, acquiring 77 percent.

    - See more at: http://www.libertynewsonline.com/art....1LZ7nazw.dpuf
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

    ~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

  4. #74
    Richard Sintchak (rich815)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    San Francisco area
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,982
    Images
    1
    Gerald please! Facts???
    -----------------------

    "Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

    Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

    My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

    My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

  5. #75
    Richard Sintchak (rich815)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    San Francisco area
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,982
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    ....in the future for there to be an armed conflict between China and the U.S. China would just need to demand payment of America's debts of $1.317 trillion to ruin the country.
    More please....and just how would that go down?
    -----------------------

    "Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

    Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

    My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

    My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

  6. #76
    Richard Sintchak (rich815)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    San Francisco area
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,982
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    China wouldn't have to go to war with us to bring us to our knees, they would just call in our debts.
    So just one day or on a whim they can do that eh?
    -----------------------

    "Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

    Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

    My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

    My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

  7. #77

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    UK
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    2,831
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Sintchak (rich815) View Post
    So just one day or on a whim they can do that eh?
    If they stopped buying the interest rates would go up & you might have to pay more taxes. Their finances are not that wonderful either. The Greeks liked the cheap German credit.

    If you guys sneeze the rest of us get bird flu.

  8. #78
    Richard Sintchak (rich815)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    San Francisco area
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,982
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas View Post
    If they stopped buying the interest rates would go up & you might have to pay more taxes. Their finances are not that wonderful either. The Greeks liked the cheap German credit.

    If you guys sneeze the rest of us get bird flu.
    That's them stopping buying (not calling their debt) and they've been slowing down for a while.
    -----------------------

    "Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

    Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

    My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

    My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

  9. #79
    benjiboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    U.K.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    6,820
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
    Please people lets have some facts. At the end of 2011, when America’s gross public debt stood at $14.3 trillion, China’s holdings amounted to just $1.2 trillion, or 8.4 percent of the total. So much for the popular myth of the China debt.
    \
    Foreign holdings excluding China stood at 22.4 percent, and domestic holdings at 27.3 percent.

    But the largest percentage of debt was held by the Social Security Trust Fund and the Federal Reserve: 39.9 percent or $5.7 trillion.

    The Federal Reserve in fiscal 2011 was the largest buyer of new U.S. Treasury debt, acquiring 77 percent.

    - See more at: http://www.libertynewsonline.com/art....1LZ7nazw.dpuf
    The Fed.owed 22% of the total of U.S.Government debt is a very unhealthy economic situation, it's printing money that I'sn't supported by Gold or other tangible assets in the treasury,which is what Germany did under the Weimar Republic between the wars, which caused hyper inflation and the currency was so devalued that they had to take a suitcase to work every.day to carry their pay home.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 02-06-2014 at 02:49 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin