Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,220   Posts: 1,532,314   Online: 950
      
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 58
  1. #31

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    local
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    16,061
    hey RR

    i think the problem is the people who "own / run" the group won't let non-analog origin
    materials in the discussions as illustrations either ..
    im empty, good luck

  2. #32
    Terry Christian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    550
    Images
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    So you'll make me a Cibichrome/ilfochrome print??? Gee thanks!!!
    No, I meant B&W silver gelatin. I haven't gotten into RA-4 quite yet and I have no idea about getting into Ilfo/Ciba!

  3. #33
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    7,216
    Images
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Christian View Post
    No, I meant B&W silver gelatin. I haven't gotten into RA-4 quite yet and I have no idea about getting into Ilfo/Ciba!
    Haha it was a joke, you'll never get into Cibichrome

    Thanks for the offer, I'll get my own eventually but it's greatly appreciated.


    Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  4. #34
    Regular Rod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    441
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    hey RR

    i think the problem is the people who "own / run" the group won't let non-analog origin
    materials in the discussions as illustrations either ..
    Oh dear

    Very well, will it be okay to make a set and simply post the hyperlink to the set in the comments?

    RR

  5. #35
    Poisson Du Jour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SE Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,539
    Images
    15
    A scanned image is factually a digital representation of the original. Anything scanned is.
    In essence, the group has strayed a little too far from reality to be credible with its dictum.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

    A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.






  6. #36
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    7,216
    Images
    225
    I have to admit I've been very tempted to post a digital image and call it film just to see if everyone believes it's film. I won't, but I've been tempted


    Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  7. #37
    GRHazelton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Jonesboro, GA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I have to admit I've been very tempted to post a digital image and call it film just to see if everyone believes it's film. I won't, but I've been tempted


    Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    You could probably scan a print of a digital image and no one could tell the difference ....BWAHAHAHAHAHA Or if you could strip all the EXIF data - I think that's the term - you might get away with it.

  8. #38
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    7,216
    Images
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by GRHazelton View Post
    You could probably scan a print of a digital image and no one could tell the difference ....BWAHAHAHAHAHA Or if you could strip all the EXIF data - I think that's the term - you might get away with it.
    I've been tempted to do that, but it's even more tempting to GRAIN a digital image in Photoshop and see if anyone can tell it's fake

    Oh I found this roll of kodak 3200 film and stand developed it in RODINAL 1:200 look at the beautiful grain! So beautiful!! Haha


    Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    local
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    16,061
    it is pretty much impossible to tell images from the two different media apart.
    i have shown side by side images to die-hard film people .. you know " death to the sensor" types
    they had no idea which was which, and eventually realized it didn't matter so much and now are totally digitized ..
    like the filmies .. a lot of people ( on this site? and probably in the flirkr group ) think they can tell the difference hands down ..
    whatever ... by the time you see it on a screen it IS a digital image

    not sure what the point of bull$hitting everyone is ..
    someone doesn't want film uploaded somewhere, upload something else
    someone doesn't want pixies uploaded somewhere upload something else

    seems to be a trust thing more than anything else ..
    and on media specific sites, once you break that trust bond ... you're pretty much skrewwed.

  10. #40
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    7,216
    Images
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    it is pretty much impossible to tell images from the two different media apart.
    i have shown side by side images to die-hard film people .. you know " death to the sensor" types
    they had no idea which was which, and eventually realized it didn't matter so much and now are totally digitized ..
    like the filmies .. a lot of people ( on this site? and probably in the flirkr group ) think they can tell the difference hands down ..
    whatever ... by the time you see it on a screen it IS a digital image

    not sure what the point of bull$hitting everyone is ..
    someone doesn't want film uploaded somewhere, upload something else
    someone doesn't want pixies uploaded somewhere upload something else

    seems to be a trust thing more than anything else ..
    and on media specific sites, once you break that trust bond ... you're pretty much skrewwed.
    I said I was tempted, not that I would do it... Lol


    Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin