Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,220   Posts: 1,532,314   Online: 950

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hey RR

i think the problem is the people who "own / run" the group won't let non-analog origin
    materials in the discussions as illustrations either ..
    im empty, good luck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    So you'll make me a Cibichrome/ilfochrome print??? Gee thanks!!!
    No, I meant B&W silver gelatin. I haven't gotten into RA-4 quite yet and I have no idea about getting into Ilfo/Ciba!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Christian View Post
    No, I meant B&W silver gelatin. I haven't gotten into RA-4 quite yet and I have no idea about getting into Ilfo/Ciba!
    Haha it was a joke, you'll never get into Cibichrome

Thanks for the offer, I'll get my own eventually but it's greatly appreciated.

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    hey RR

i think the problem is the people who "own / run" the group won't let non-analog origin
    materials in the discussions as illustrations either ..
    Oh dear

Very well, will it be okay to make a set and simply post the hyperlink to the set in the comments?

RR

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A scanned image is factually a digital representation of the original. Anything scanned is.
    In essence, the group has strayed a little too far from reality to be credible with its dictum.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have to admit I've been very tempted to post a digital image and call it film just to see if everyone believes it's film. I won't, but I've been tempted

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I have to admit I've been very tempted to post a digital image and call it film just to see if everyone believes it's film. I won't, but I've been tempted

You could probably scan a print of a digital image and no one could tell the difference ....BWAHAHAHAHAHA Or if you could strip all the EXIF data - I think that's the term - you might get away with it.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GRHazelton View Post
    You could probably scan a print of a digital image and no one could tell the difference ....BWAHAHAHAHAHA Or if you could strip all the EXIF data - I think that's the term - you might get away with it.
    I've been tempted to do that, but it's even more tempting to GRAIN a digital image in Photoshop and see if anyone can tell it's fake

Oh I found this roll of kodak 3200 film and stand developed it in RODINAL 1:200 look at the beautiful grain! So beautiful!! Haha

Shooter
    Multi Format
    it is pretty much impossible to tell images from the two different media apart.
    i have shown side by side images to die-hard film people .. you know " death to the sensor" types
    they had no idea which was which, and eventually realized it didn't matter so much and now are totally digitized ..
    like the filmies .. a lot of people ( on this site? and probably in the flirkr group ) think they can tell the difference hands down ..
    whatever ... by the time you see it on a screen it IS a digital image

not sure what the point of bull$hitting everyone is ..
    someone doesn't want film uploaded somewhere, upload something else
    someone doesn't want pixies uploaded somewhere upload something else

seems to be a trust thing more than anything else ..
    and on media specific sites, once you break that trust bond ... you're pretty much skrewwed.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    it is pretty much impossible to tell images from the two different media apart.
    i have shown side by side images to die-hard film people .. you know " death to the sensor" types
    they had no idea which was which, and eventually realized it didn't matter so much and now are totally digitized ..
    like the filmies .. a lot of people ( on this site? and probably in the flirkr group ) think they can tell the difference hands down ..
    whatever ... by the time you see it on a screen it IS a digital image

not sure what the point of bull$hitting everyone is ..
    someone doesn't want film uploaded somewhere, upload something else
    someone doesn't want pixies uploaded somewhere upload something else

seems to be a trust thing more than anything else ..
    and on media specific sites, once you break that trust bond ... you're pretty much skrewwed.
    I said I was tempted, not that I would do it... Lol

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin