Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,353   Online: 1051

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Helinophoto View Post
    Well, here in Norway, the population is generally pretty healthy (although both sexes are getting fatter these days).

The problem over here, is that normal, slender and perfectly normal girls, want to have sixpacks.
    When a person has a visible sixpack (Madonna's body), they have a fat percentage which is about 5%, while the norm is somewhere between 20-30 for women and 15 and 20 for men, AFAIK.

- Such a low fat percentage can, among other things, be linked to a high risk of Osteoporosis (brittle bone disease) when females pass the menopause.

(Here's a typical chart) http://www.builtlean.com/2010/08/03/...centage-chart/ )

There are skinny people and people who have a low-fat percentage, but this isn't really the norm.
    If they plan to use normal people (average fat percentage) with no shopping, I would have no problem with the idea, but if they just start using people which isn't really representative, then IMO the idea of "no shopping" could do more harm than good.
    You have a contradicting statement, people who have large muscle groups because of body building actually have a higher bone density because the bones actually harden more to support the increasing lifting weight.

If they are simply doing crunches that's one thing but body building abbs usually means they are also lifting heavy weights in other areas, despite their loss in body fat their bone density should be just fine.

It doesn't matter, we are all going to end up like fat blobs with no bones like in the kid movie WALL-E haha

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Pixel View Post
    Retouching has been going on LONG before the arrival of Photoshop. I was always amazed what people could do with an airbrush.
    you're telling me!

and facial retouching with leads and a knife ...
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When looking at before and after portraits of women that have been digitally retouched , I invariably prefer the before to the after because the females in the after pictures have usually had the skin tone smoothed , layered, the wrinkles around the eyes removed and other spots, stray hairs etc. that they no longer look like human females but as if they are made out of some advanced plastic , like androids, and that's when done by professionals in publications, in the hands of the man in the street Photoshop is a dangerous weapon , if you don't believe me look at Flickr sometimes
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    what i find funny is that there is even a backlash about this ...
    models have for a long long long time been "a fantasy"
    if the magazines want to show a "regular person" as something fantastic
    great, if they want to show someone who has been "reconstructed" to fit
    some sort of art director's ideal, great.

i remember reading somewhere that some "models" were going to be computer generated ...
    a figment of someone's imagination .. and that's fine by me seeing most of what is
    in magazines &c are pretty much the same thing ... a fantasy.

the obesity issue is linked to poverty, cheap foods high in fats and salts, and the fact
    that cheap sugar ( HFCS ) is pretty much in everything one buys from catsup to salad dressing to
    crackers, and unless people go back to making their own foods, or having enough money to buy
    "good food" ( which is extremely expensive ) and having less leisure time, and more being active time
    the world is going to suffocate in its own fat. humans for generation after generation have worked hard
    eaten real foods and died young, it makes sense that when you change the equation that caloric intake
    will take its toll. ( even at 7 years old )

--> 300lbs
    Last edited by jnanian; 10-16-2013 at 09:58 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    what i find funny is that there is even a backlash about this ...
    models have for a long long long time been "a fantasy"
    if the magazines want to show a "regular person" as something fantastic
    great, if they want to show someone who has been "reconstructed" to fit
    some sort of art director's ideal, great.

i remember reading somewhere that some "models" were going to be computer generated ...
    a figment of someone's imagination .. and that's fine by me seeing most of what is
    in magazines &c are pretty much the same thing ... a fantasy.

the obesity issue is linked to poverty, cheap foods high in fats and salts, and the fact
    that cheap sugar ( HFCS ) is pretty much in everything one buys from catsup to salad dressing to
    crackers, and unless people go back to making their own foods, or having enough money to buy
    "good food" ( which is extremely expensive ) and having less leisure time, and more being active time
    the world is going to suffocate in its own fat. humans for generation after generation have worked hard
    eaten real foods and died young, it makes sense that when you change the equation that caloric intake
    will take its toll. ( even at 7 years old )

is 300lbs
    You're 300lbs? I always pictured you kind of scraggly, tell and slender like Maynard G Krebbs without the goatee

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    You're 300lbs? I always pictured you kind of scraggly, tell and slender like Maynard G Krebbs without the goatee

nope the emoticon -->
    too much junk food, carmel corn and soda

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    nope the emoticon -->
    too much junk food, carmel corn and soda
    I see the word "munch" on my phone with : marks on either end.

But I assume it's that popcorn eating guy, lol

Be careful or you won't fit in your darkroom anymore!

Shooter
    Large Format
    In this day and time of absurd runaway political correctness, I've noticed that overweight women are the new PC fashion models. They're getting hefty, and it's becoming a pretty common trend. But you'll recall the "fashion world" a few years ago made some rules about their use of the toothpick girls, and now are going off the deep end in the opposite direction.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    In this day and time of absurd runaway political correctness, I've noticed that overweight women are the new PC fashion models. They're getting hefty, and it's becoming a pretty common trend. But you'll recall the "fashion world" a few years ago made some rules about their use of the toothpick girls, and now are going off the deep end in the opposite direction.
    Fashion is cyclical ... Fat women used to be all the rage, show your wealth with a hefty girl you can afford to feed...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Pixel View Post
    Retouching has been going on LONG before the arrival of Photoshop. I was always amazed what people could do with an airbrush.
    Yes, Uncle Joe (Stalin) was an expert

pentaxuser

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin