Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,478   Posts: 1,571,058   Online: 1119

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Don't know much about cattle marketing. Most of these herds around here are privately owned and traded. But I do know about poultry, as this is poultry country around here in NC and SC. A good friend of mine is a retired turkey farmer. You can't drive 3 miles around here before you see 3- 150 yard long chicken houses, side by side. They're growing those chickens so fast, you wouldn't believe it. A chicken around here is lucky if he has a month to live from chick to slaughterhouse. The food they give them technically makes them cannibals.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tron_ View Post
    5% body fat is absolutely miserable from what I hear and is not sustainable for more than a couple weeks. Even for men, 5% body fat is insanely lean.
    Well, this is the so-called "size zero", imagine walking around and working like that for months on end, many (not all) "top" models are or are close to size zero, very very unhealthy.

No wonder they have to start the day with a bowl of salad and a hit of cocaine. :P
    -
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Keep in mind that the size numbers have changed too. A "3" is larger than a "3" was even 10 years ago.
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Truzi View Post
    Keep in mind that the size numbers have changed too. A "3" is larger than a "3" was even 10 years ago.
    Yes, definitely. While in college, I wore a size that's about 3 sizes up from where I am now and my body is mostly the same as then (I can wear clothes I bought 15-20 years ago and they still fit). Though there's either some hyperbole in the "size zero" comment or there's a very large difference in size between a zero and a 2.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    The food they give them technically makes them cannibals.
    It's like human eating monkeys and apes.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Helinophoto View Post
    Well, this is the so-called "size zero", imagine walking around and working like that for months on end, many (not all) "top" models are or are close to size zero, very very unhealthy.

No wonder they have to start the day with a bowl of salad and a hit of cocaine. :P
    Along with what Winger said...

A size 0 has very little to do with body mass and more to do with bone structure.

Also there is a huge difference between a 0 and a 2 if you're a 2 or a 0 or 00 it matters a lot.

My GF is a 00 and eats more then me, but egged also 5'8" so finding pants means she always buys "big" with a 0 because they stopped making 00 clothing and also, kids clothing is too short for her legs.

A size 2 literally falls off her without unbuttoning...

She also eats about twice what I eat daily, I'm effectively a size 6 if I were a woman, and 5'8" as well.

Point is her bone structure is very small.

Some asian women for example are considered overweight and are size 0 but because of height or genetics are not the "healthy" size because the body mass of her genetic line is "normal" at a very thin (to us Americans) size.

Not all 0's are coke snorting anorexics... Just like not all overweight people are fast food eating slobs...

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    This thread has certainly strayed a LONG way from the original comment

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Pixel View Post
    This thread has certainly strayed a LONG way from the original comment
    But that's the fun of APUG (as long as the OP doesn't mind much).

Stone, I feel for your GF - I'm only 5'6", but my height is mostly in my legs and they don't have longer inseams for smaller sizes. Jeans are easier to find than pants, which is why I wear jeans so much.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    But that's the fun of APUG (as long as the OP doesn't mind much).

Stone, I feel for your GF - I'm only 5'6", but my height is mostly in my legs and they don't have longer inseams for smaller sizes. Jeans are easier to find than pants, which is why I wear jeans so much.
    What's kind of ironic is that we were shopping for hiking pants and even those at REI (which are known to run in smaller sizes because fit people (mostly) run on the small side) were too big, 0 kept falling off her as she walked and she looked like a 90's kid with her pants hanging low haha!

Whatever happened to the days stores carried a short, regular, and long size pant??

Also it's strange often stores get 1-2 of each size instead of for example having 1-2 in 0-4 size but then having 3-5 pairs in 6-10 and again taper off to 1-2 for 12-16 or something, I always see extra 14 and 12 and 0 and 2 sizes hanging when all the other sizes are sold out...

And yes this is totally OT... Sorry OP

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Helinophoto View Post

I would have to respectfully disagree . 5% body fat on a woman doesn't necessarily make her a size 0. I know a few girls who are size 0s and they just have very low levels of lean mass but still have average-ish BF (I say average-ish because they're on the lower end of that scale). Some people just have that small bone structure.

But alas this isn't bodybuilding.com so I'll refrain from any more rants like this :P.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin