Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,382   Posts: 1,683,069   Online: 935

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Modus Operandi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    as you said prefocuse and guess on metering as well as you can and hope for the best. iconic pictures have been made this way. rememberHCB?
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Anticipating the decisive moment. Too true, Ralph. It is a rare gift to be able to visualize so wide a group of inputs and be able to determine when everything will happen together and then be there and ready to take advantage of it.

I have almost always been slow and methodical, perhaps due to the subject nature of my photography. However, when I do turn my camera toward a more fleeting subject, something greater on the inside takes over.
    Thank you.
    -CW

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Today, without enough warm-up, took a tour of Winchester Mystery House TM with a talented guide. Though severely tempted, respected the no photography rule inside the mansion proper. I thought I was relaxed about it... But not being allowed to shoot created enough tension to trip me up, and later when I was free (because garden and buildings not attached to the main Mansion it's totally fine to take pictures)... I wasn't able to "see" anything for a while. It was weird but I shot anyway. Of six shots, I only feel I may have one interesting composition and one other record shot of the buck statue on the front lawn might be successful. I blame my own being out of practice, not the camera.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin