Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,867   Posts: 1,583,229   Online: 992

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

So far, so good!

I'm still at the newly-wed stage, it helped that I printed off our B&W wedding photos, and as long as I take enough kitty pictures she's happy. She understands the need to create, she has her own hobbies. Although if I keep bringing home stray lenses I may be in trouble.

Dave
    "...slow down and start using photography to create an image, not just capture one." b.e.wilson

"Speed kills, Del" Johnny Fever

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Grenier
    And how's your support system?
    My wife supports all of my vocations and avocations fully as I fully support her pursuit of higher education.

We will grow old together happy, satisfied, but in all likelihood poor

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcallow
    My wife supports all of my vocations and avocations fully as I fully support her pursuit of higher education.

We will grow old together happy, satisfied, but in all likelihood poor

Not to get all goooshy, maudlin and trite, but it sounds as if you both are already rich beyond measure - congratulations!

Joe
    Latent Images Plastic Toy Cameras

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive" - Howard Thurman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My wife really doesn't understand why I don't take "color snapshots". She really doesn't care for the type of photography I do or the time I devote to it. Too bad. I'm not giving up either her or the photography.

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcallow
    [B
    We will grow old together happy, satisfied, [/B]but in all likelihood poor
    That's not poor - that's rich beyond counting !!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Since I met my wife through photography, it's no surprise that there's great compatability about it. We share cameras but mostly she uses the ones I don't and I the one she doesn't. Her images are very different from mine and we can go to exactly the same place and bring back utterly different work and we each marvel that the other saw what we did and missed what we didn't. Financially, there's a great deal of respect for the need to get the equipment and supplies that are necessary but both of us are careful about the money spent and aren't wasteful about it. Mostly, though, our interest is in making images and not fussing over equipment so it's never a problem. I can't imagine how I could be happier actually.

It's interesting that this thread is so upbeat. Months and months ago there was a similar one but the premise was on lack of support rather than what's positive. This is much more enjoyable to read.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'm not married, but I have a lady friend that just gushes over all my photos. She has several of my photos on her desk, as well as a framed 11x14 of this image: http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...cat=500&page=2. It is her favorite. I take her to the framing shop with me, and she helps me pick the color for the undermat (top is white). Last Thanksgiving, I gave her a little 3MP digital snapshot camera, and recently I had one of her photos mounted and framed - she has been walking on cloud-9 for days now.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    As long as I don't occupy the darkbathroom for hours on end while she's home, we're fine. Fortunately our schedules work well in this regard.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Images
    So what is the secret to getting them on board?

APUG turns marriage counselor
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My wife is also 100% supportive and has been for the last 29 years. She isn't a photographer but very talented as a watercolour artist. In fact it was my wife that persuaded me to get into large format photography. I guess the fact that she spent 27 years working for the Visual Arts Department at the local School Board helped a lot.
    Brian McDowell

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin