Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,729   Posts: 1,515,235   Online: 839

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    ULarge Format

And how's your spousal support?

Not the alimony kind of spousal support but, rather, the "I'm with you all the way" kind.

My wife, who is not a photographer but knows photography very well, has been my biggest fan, supporter (emotional and financial) and motivator. Never has she objected to my going out photographing; questioned my wherabouts or opposed anything having to do with my photography. In fact, she is a most positive influence all around.

So I'm taking a minute here to take my hat off to my wife for her unconditional support.

And how's your support system?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good to hear you have a supporting and understanding wife. Is she as happy when the monthly bank statement arrives though?

I find a broomstick down the back of my jacket keeps me upright just fine. Sorry I couldn't resist

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I have to say that I really lucked out in the "spousal support" area! My wonderful hubby is actually the one who said "hey! Let's get this Hasselblad...it's really cool!" When I would have settled for something a little more 'frugal'. He's also the one who gave me about 40 rolls of film and darkroom chemicals for Christmas!
    So... lucky me...on many different fronts! Supporter, friend, fan and hubby all rolled into one nice package!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Images
    Very little support, she does not understand the need to create. She sees it as a complete waste of money time and resources. But it is my passion not hers.
    Last edited by mark; 02-03-2005 at 10:59 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    Very little support, she no understanding of the need to create. She sees it as a complete waste of money time and resources.
    Geez, Mark, sounds like you might be better off with the alimony kind of support.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well, my wife is supporting my photography and she likes a lot of my portraits. But she is not really a fan, as lots of my work she thinks is boring because the subject isn't of her liking. But she thinks it is cool that I am getting a darkroom working in the bath room. This way I can be more at home instead of being in the rented darkroom.
    She helps me out deciding what to print and wants to see all my contact sheets to look at what I am shooting. Sometimes she likes it, sometimes she doesn't.

Morten

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Same here - 2000% support - after 27 years together and 23 years of marriage, I understand less and less how I got so lucky!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Unconditional support, 100% and also chips in on the Ground Glass business as well, I am very lucky and tell her thanks every single day for her support of the photography business as well as other hair brained ventures I have done.

Thanks again! here's to our Wife's!

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    All the support I could ask for, but I'm shooting more and more B&W these days and she's not much of a fan of B&W. I guess it's not so bad - all I really have to do to keep her happy with my photography is to get out to the woods occasionally and shoot a few rolls of velvia, then put on a little slide show for her and my daughter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Photography is a fairly new found passion for me. We were married for about 12 years before I really got into it, so my involvement in photography is fairly new to her as well. At first I think she was a bit jealous of the time I spent on it. I have reached a balance now that works well for myself, my wife, & my daughters. She is very supportive & shares my excitement when I come to her with new prints. Her taste in subject matter is quite different from mine though & she doesn't always understand why I shoot what I do. I get a lot of "where are the people?". I think she's got a good point & am trying to include people in my photos more often. I recently purchased a photograph from George Provost of ice & water. The water is blurred due to long exposure. It is very very beautiful. I showed it to her & she just said "it's blurry". What?

The money I spend on photography is a whole different story. It's expensive, much more expensive than she thinks it should be. She is not as supportive in this area. I only tell her about half of what I spend on it, although I'm sure she knows exactly how much I spend.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin