Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,871   Posts: 1,583,434   Online: 1231

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    - Finally home-develop color film.
    - Finally setup the bathroom and print B&W (maybe color later in the year).
    - Home-develop E-6.
    - Dig out my first camera (the Brownie Holiday that was my mom's when she was a kid) and spool some mid-2000 bulk color 46mm film I've acquired.
    - Print old family negatives, and scan slides, found in my Grandmother's closet after she died.
    - Learn to take something other than snapshots.

I seem to have this problem that compels me to use an old camera if it came from a deceased family member:
    - Start loading 126 cartridges to use a few old cameras (already did a proof of concept, plan to actually use it now).
    - Clean the fungus from the lens of a Zeiss Icon Contessa 35 my Aunt gave me (was owned by a second cousin).
    - Attempt to modify a Kodak "The Handle" to use Instax film.
    - See if I can find a photographic use for an old Polaroid Swinger.
    - Try to reversibly modify my Great Grandmother's Polaroid "The 800" to use 4x5 backs (though probably keep the Polaroid image size).
    Truzi

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I want to do a portrait project this winter. I have a few in mind but the one I'm leaning towards is "30 at -30" as in -30 celsius.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by analoguey View Post
    Ned, I do a similar thing as well. How do you keep track of the ideas later on?
    Honestly there's no rhyme or reason or system to it. It's just a fat 3x5 notebook that I write in with a pencil. To keep track of the ideas means I have to flip back through it and read what I've written. Occasionally, I'll cull through it and make new summary lists to consolidate and remove things I've already done.

Here are three things that have "evolved" in it over time that I really like:
    1. A small list of "current" themes or styles or kinds of subjects. I keep these in the back of my mind when I'm out or driving around. Now APUG MSA topic is added to these!
    2. Pullouts near my house with great views, and what direction they view, so if the sky is awesome in a particular direction, I can quickly choose a good close-by place to make a photo.
    3. A "to get" list, which is where I write down potential photos I see or think of. This list has gotten long, so I never have any lack of ideas. Some of these are exciting but would require just the perfect light...

I don't want to get to rigid or mechanical about my hobby, and the "to get" list is more like a thing to fall back on if I'm uninspired. Mostly I just carry a camera wherever I've chosen to walk and don't worry about it if I don't end up using it.
    Last edited by NedL; 12-07-2013 at 11:59 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: formatting

Shooter
    Multi Format
    transfer around 40 8mm film movie reels from 50 years ago to DVD and consolidate into a home movie show for the HDTV.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    One I always had in the back of my mind was to make portraits of bald heads. Natural, shaved, partial, full. Don't know why? But I do have a negative (35mm) from which to start. Neaty.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For the New Year:

1. Continue work on my Vancouver Island project (a couple of days during Christmas time will be spent in Victoria; mid-January, I will travel to Tofino to shoot some seascapes);

2. Start using the Leicas on a more regular basis by shooting more street photography (major Chinese New Year activities on 31 January and 2 February to shoot). So, it's E100G in one body, and HP5+/Tri-X in the other...

3. Make the effort to get caught up with my darkroom work (or at least get all my negatives souped!).
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    1) Start processing C-41. The kit is on order form CatLabs and should arrive some time in the next week or 2.

2) Set up in the bathroom and start printing B&W. This will likely have to wait until 2015 because of the C-41.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NedL View Post
    Honestly there's no rhyme or reason or system to it. It's just a fat 3x5 notebook that I write in with a pencil. To keep track of the ideas means I have to flip back through it and read what I've written. Occasionally, I'll cull through it and make new summary lists to consolidate and remove things I've already done.

Here are three things that have "evolved" in it over time that I really like:
    1. A small list of "current" themes or styles or kinds of subjects. I keep these in the back of my mind when I'm out or driving around. Now APUG MSA topic is added to these!
    2. Pullouts near my house with great views, and what direction they view, so if the sky is awesome in a particular direction, I can quickly choose a good close-by place to make a photo.
    3. A "to get" list, which is where I write down potential photos I see or think of. This list has gotten long, so I never have any lack of ideas. Some of these are exciting but would require just the perfect light...

I don't want to get to rigid or mechanical about my hobby, and the "to get" list is more like a thing to fall back on if I'm uninspired. Mostly I just carry a camera wherever I've chosen to walk and don't worry about it if I don't end up using it.
    Ah right! I use the ideas book for everything , not just photography!
    My to get list is all messed up, should get it consolidated!

sent from tap-a-talk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by analoguey View Post
    Ah right! I use the ideas book for everything , not just photography!
    My to get list is all messed up, should get it consolidated!
    Mine started that way and now photography has its own notebook...

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm doing that too-often with guidance from the wizard Glenfiddich and his friend Bruachcladdich
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin