Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,951   Posts: 1,585,982   Online: 952

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

New Project Ideas

Does anyone have any new ideas for photographic projects they intend to embark on in the new year? I intend to develop some existing ones.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    finish my 6x17 enlarger. finish my 16x16 inch camera. print lots of unprinted film. --- I seem to have lots of half done projects as it is, so maybe I should resolve to start nothing new til I finish some of the old.
    * Just because your eyes are closed, doesn't mean the lights in the darkroom are off. *
    * When the film you put in the camera is worth more than the camera you put the film in... *
    * When I started using 8x10, it amazed me how many shots were close to the car. *

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I hope to figure out an easy way to use 828-film cameras. Why? I dunno. Why not?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Searust View Post
    ... I seem to have lots of half done projects as it is, so maybe I should resolve to start nothing new til I finish some of the old.
    Ditto. I'd be happy just to find the time to re-start a project. Finishing one would be nice too.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Print loads of negs!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My year is wide open as I have been out of photography for a couple years. So, I will have the Blind Print Exchange and the Postcard Exchange. And I plan on filling the mail with prints from 4x5 negs.

For a project I have always wanted to undertake, that would be to photograph historic churches in rural Sussex County where I live. I think I just might to take a chunk out of that one. This year or next. I get my camera from Barry and we'll just have to see where things take me from there.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    My year is wide open as I have been out of photography for a couple years. So, I will have the Blind Print Exchange and the Postcard Exchange. And I plan on filling the mail with prints from 4x5 negs.

For a project I have always wanted to undertake, that would be to photograph historic churches in rural Sussex County where I live. I think I just might to take a chunk out of that one. This year or next. I get my camera from Barry and we'll just have to see where things take me from there.
    I do get confused when you speak about photographing churches in rural Sussex and then see you live in Milton, DE, USA.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Roadside accident memorials. Weathered crosses and faded plastic flowers. Sadly, they are plentiful around here, a rural area. Too much drinking. Too much drugs. Too much youth. Too much invincibility. Then just weathered crosses with barely legible names. And headstones covered with dirty rain-filled votive candles...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Large Format
    run-out of film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Actually I had what I think was a lightbulb moment for a project just the other day but it would be in colour so I'm not quite sure what to do about it. I'm not a colour worker.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin