Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,904   Posts: 1,555,832   Online: 775

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    RB67 users you'll understand. Last Sunday night doing some still lifes with a friend in her studio, took the last shot on the roll with my RB67 90mm and extension tubes #1, and #2, put it off to the side. Later I'm packing up to leave, I pull the lens off and turn the mirror up switch back to normal and the shutter closes!!! Oops dummy me forgot to stop the exposure, so I lost that shot, it would have been a good one, good thing I took two.
    Nikon F, Nikkor-S 50mm F=1.4
    Gossen Luna Pro F
    Vivitar 285

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There was this time when the moon got in the way of the sun. Really annoying
    'Cows are very fond of being photographed, and, unlike architecture, don't move.' - Oscar Wilde

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Went back to a favourite urbex location intending to shoot 4x5 instead of 6x7. Unpacked the camera bag... no lenses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchetman View Post
    recently brought my Rolleicord and a roll of film. Opened it up and realized it didn't have a take-up spool in it! Oh well...
    A month or two ago I had a bright idea, I have take-up spools that I like and want to reuse, and some junky ones that I don't like the design of.
    So I thought I'd reuse the nice ones on B+W, which I process at thome so I'll keep them, and use the junky ones for colour so the lab keeps them.
    So I took all the spools out of all my backs and cameras and sorted them into which ones I likes and which I didn't, and thought (at the time) that I'd just grab whatever I needed before shooting depending on if it were colour or B+W.

Went to use my camera, last minute rushing around before I left: camera, check, backs, check, lenses, check, film, check, off we go. Drive an hour out to wherever and realise I had no take-up spools (or sometimes I at least had only one in a loaded back, the other 4 backs for different types of films are useless without spools).
    Not once, but about 3-4 times that happened before I gave up on the idea of 'nice' and 'crap' spools, and just threw whatever in all of them so it wouldn't happen a 5th time...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcturus View Post
    It's not strange, but forgetting to cock the shutter is a usual culprit. I take the utmost care in framing and metering and as the decisive moment approaches and passes I repeatedly press the shutter release in vain. All I can do then is imagine how awesome it would have been to have gotten that shot.
    I stopped using Rf cameras because the lens cap was getting all the best shots!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    I stopped using Rf cameras because the lens cap was getting all the best shots!
    I've got a Bessa with TTL meter, so if the shutter speed is blinking at 1/2s min-speed, it's obvious that the lens cap is on.
    Well, you'd think so, but one day I was taking shots indoors and it was blinking at me, so I just thought, "hmm, it must be *really* dark in here" and just braced the camera a lot steadier for a 1/2-second shot of the lenscap...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jernejk View Post
    I was taking some nigh shots of sea and stars...

I regained consciousness in the ER the next day. A ship found my boat 10 miles off shoe with me inside. There was nothing in the boat - no paddles, camera bag, knife, nothing. They did however found a photo of a beautiful young girl in my hands. It was her.

Nah, just kidding. That was about the strangest story I could think of. I got nothing but the usual out of batteries, forgot film and the stuff.
    You should have added that a kidney had been harvested

True story here - when I was a child (less than 13 years old) I saw an UFO while playing in our back yard. It was the middle of the day - I saw a very shiny object, that appeared to be the edge of disc, moving across the sky. I wanted to get my parents and my camera, but I just kept watching it... for too long. As it turned, I saw it was merely the glare of the sun off an ordinary jet. Too bad I was enthralled with it or I'd have had a cool picture.
    Truzi

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    I drove for an hour to get to Skyline drive and then remembered that I did not take the 4"x5" film and holders. I returned home, picked up the film and drove back to Skyline Drive.
    Nothing photographic that I can think of, but I did once turn up at a gig without my guitar.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Nothing photographic that I can think of, but I did once turn up at a gig without my guitar.
    I used to be a music teacher, and couldn't tell you how many kids showed up to their Christmas or spring concerts without an instrument. Makes me wonder what the parents were thinking, driving them to school for a band concert with the instrument sitting at home!

But I shouldn't be one to talk. Playing in sometimes three or four ensembles, I've shown up to a rehearsal with the wrong music folder.

Shooter
    35mm
    No really strange reasons, just the usual obvious stupidity of forgetting film. (etc.,etc. )

But I've been thought a bit odd, or too much of a perfectionist, by non-photographer friends when I've not taken an otherwise good shot because of a litter bin or trash can in the wrong place, or when I've gone to move a piece of litter from the front of the scene I wanted to shoot.
    Last edited by railwayman3; 12-11-2013 at 07:19 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin