Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,710   Posts: 1,548,634   Online: 1112

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, many.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Blue Velvet. That is one seriously twisted film.

Geelong & Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A photographer (actually a Ferrari-driving stockbroker) holding a Leica M9 with kid-leather gloves and telling the the breathlessly bored audience in the shop, "this camera takes the most awesome photos on the planet". <*audience leaves*>.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I don't think I can ever watch the film of the Twin Towers falling again. I get get sick when I see it.

Larry
    "A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest"........Paul Simon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The remakes of the Pink Panther series and Get Smart disturbed me

Seriously, though, as far as "disturbing," I can use that to describe something, but never really found any movie disturbing, including many mentioned above. Even if it is based on real events, the fact that it is staged takes the "disturbing" part away for me.
    We've watched spinal surgery on TV while eating dinner; not much phases my family.

However, years ago there was some news program showing reconstructive surgery on a little girls face. They had actually detached the face to do so. When they were pulling it back up like a mask, I did find it a bit disturbing.
    Last edited by Truzi; 12-11-2013 at 11:17 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    Are there any images or films that you found emotionally disturbing? I found the film "The Deer Hunter" disturbing.
    I find most of Christopher Walken's films to be disturbing.
    Dave

"She's always out making pictures, She's always out making scenes.
    She's always out the window, When it comes to making Dreams.

It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up."

From It's All Mixed Up by The Cars

Shooter
    Large Format
    I'm afraid just about any and all frightening movies or photos I've ever seen no longer phase me at all. I wish they did. The Exorcist was at one time quite horrifying, for instance. But I believe that what my Yahoo Mail news headlines page hammers me with repeatedly is the most maddening and sickening. Particularly in about the last 5 or 6 years. I do not get Fox or any other cable or satellite. My TV is practically permanently set on METV. But I do take a bit of heart that Fox hands it right back to 'em.
    This photographic site and other related photographic fellowship goes a long way in allowing me to share a common interest with those from the "other side of the aisle", aside from namecalling and venom.
    With that, I think the OP meant movies, and not "current events" as subject discussion.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The one film that did disturb me the most was Natural Born Killers. The is a certain scene featuring Rodney Dangerfield, where they turn a domestic violence situation into a sitcom. Yeah, I know it was done in that way for a reason, but I still found it really confronting and distasteful.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Miley Cyrus
    an image i wish i could forget

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by momus View Post
    Freaks. Eraserhead. The Sound of Music.
    Slightly OT, I've always quite liked Musicals, but hadn't seen The Sound of Music for about 30 years. I remembered it as a harmless tale with catchy music, but, when I saw it again on tv last month, my wife and I found it totally embarrassing, just too naive, simple and syrupy....couldn't even be bothered to watch it through!

Yet others, e.g. Oklahoma, Brigadoon, Oliver, Phantom of the Opera, My Fair Lady, etc., we can enjoy every Christmas! (And particular on the, now very rare, occasions when they are shown on the big screen, preferably analogue in 70mm, six-channel sound......)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin