Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,061   Online: 998

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Anything by David Lynch. Nevertheless i love his work - especially Twin Peaks and Mulholland Dr.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    N/A in US.
    it's a scene from the movie Happiness

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0147612/

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    In 1953 I saw some quite gruesome B&W photographs of traffic accident victims in Japan as part of a safe driving campaign. Robert Mapplethorpe captured some fine photographs, but also some disturbing ones.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Interesting that nearly all of these are films. Agree with Blue Velvet suggestion, probably more brilliant than disturbing.

But the most truly, existentially disturbing film I've seen is Society. Couldn't have seen anything worse at a younger age. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098354/

The most disturbing photographs I've seen were photojournalistic, but even the atrocities of war pale in comparison to the above mentioned film. Sincerely.
    'Cows are very fond of being photographed, and, unlike architecture, don't move.' - Oscar Wilde

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Jones View Post
    In 1953 I saw some quite gruesome B&W photographs of traffic accident victims in Japan as part of a safe driving campaign. Robert Mapplethorpe captured some fine photographs, but also some disturbing ones.
    I saw some of those here in Virginia back in the 1960s & 70s.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    We had a armenian worker and he was looking to suicide scene pictures everyday , what a sick bastard !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    I saw some of those here in Virginia back in the 1960s & 70s.

Jeff
    When I took Driver's Ed here in Ohio, they showed very gory films of the aftermath of accidents.
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Eddie Adam's 1968 Pulitzer Prize winner of the Saigon police chief executing his "suspected" Viet Cong prisoner on a public street in broad daylight. The TV coverage of the same execution, while also a little tough to watch, lacked the same impact.
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BradleyK View Post
    Eddie Adam's 1968 Pulitzer Prize winner of the Saigon police chief executing his "suspected" Viet Cong prisoner on a public street in broad daylight. The TV coverage of the same execution, while also a little tough to watch, lacked the same impact.
    Doesn't that say something about the still image? To be able to give more impact than a moving image coverage and often in black & white. Simple is often the common denominator.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any photograph of a doll is disturbing to me. Just thought of that. They creep me out.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin