Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,832   Online: 888

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Photographers' Constitutional Challenge Thrown Out

Jim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Judge Korman says, "Abidor cannot be so naive to expect that when he crosses into Syrian or Lebanese border that the contents of his computer will be immune from searches and seizures at the whim of those who work for Bashar al-Assad or Hassan Nasrallah," referring to the president of Syria and leader of Hezbollah.
    The logic being that since Iran and Syria don't have the 4th amendment, the US doesn't anymore either. Charming.

Shooter
    35mm
    It's about what I expect from the thugs that run our gommerment. (Misspelled on purpose.) I am not talking Dems or GOPers, I'm talking about all of them, every single one of them.
    The interesting thing is that nobody mentions we are running an empire here -- the biggest, most powerful empire the world has ever seen. Empires cannot allow the peasant to actually have rights -- those are reserved for the rulers and their lickspittles. But perhaps I am a bit too cynical.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yay for progress. Well, at least I can convince DHS that there are some incriminating sheets of film and get them processed for free.

Geez, remember when we did not scare so easily? Now, every shadow will bring about the end of life as we know it in the US. They'll be outlawing sunlight for that very reason before you know it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I wonder how often CEOs, sports stars and other millionaires receive such degrading human treatment? The upper class & their political minions instills fear and insecurity to manipulate us into willingly give up our freedoms. We're becoming a dystopian society in so many ways.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Becoming?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    this is nothing new, and has been happening to people who aren't " get a sunburn 5mins in the sun" white for a long long long long time.
    this outrage thing is kind of funny ...
    why weren't people this upset when "people of color" ( and i use that term loosely since it is a melanin thing )
    were getting the same treatment 20 years ago or more. it has nothing to do with HLS but human nature ...
    and i almost forgot, and invisible amoeba of eeevil

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    That damned amobea..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    That damned amobea..
    yeah it makes everyone's lives "uncomfortable", not just those who can get a sun tan
    and the thing i find most pathetic is that most people never even were bothered by it
    until recently ...

btw as copakeham said everyone is a person of color that is why i use the term loosely

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We are at "war" with terrorism. As everyone knows, when at war, individual rights are suspended. Just ask the Japanese born American citizens who were "lawfully" detained during World War II. There was a reason that George declared war on terrorism...and it wasn't only because of how it sounded.

I dearly love my country but those that truly believe that this nation has never been paranoid in the past certainly hasn't bothered to really learn our history. As for denying individual's rights...well, I really don't think I need to go there.
    Dan

The simplest tools can be the hardest to master.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin