Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,214   Posts: 1,532,112   Online: 1078

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've enjoyed reading this....sometimes I've found undeveloped rolls lurking at the back of the proverbial drawer from years ago and it's nice to be reminded of moments enjoyed.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    But now digital photographers have to spend time chained to a computer. Ugh.
    Yup. I basically jumped ship on digital, trading it away for a 645 rig because of this. I spend all my days working on my computer, so why would I want to spend more time on the computer after hours?

Plus, after a summer monsoon shoot on BLM land, I took the greatest care shooting digital, and haphazardly shooting away a roll of Provia in an ME Super, I spend hours fine tuning white balance, after spending hours sorting through dozens of photos, all bracketed, trying to decide what to print. My slides came back after all that, and my colors were dead-on how I wanted them...

With B&W I usually process right away, but I'm still excited about what's on the roll. I usually spend less time per shot getting a good wet print than I do fiddling with digital images. I go through color film slowly, and I've even had rolls of 135-36 spanning months. When I finally finish them, I handle them like they are the holy grail... treat them like there's nothing in the world more valuable, drop them off at the post office, and wait on pins and needles for their return.
    New-ish convert to film.
    Pentax MX for 35mm
    Bronica ETRS for 645

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I thought the whole idea of photography was to escape everything digital (including this office computer). Leave all the obnoxious gadgets home.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DREW WILEY View Post
    I thought the whole idea of photography was to escape everything digital
    Maybe if it had been invented in 1985.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp498 View Post
    There's a destination?
    Death. No rush to get there. Enjoy the journey.

With regards to prolonging lovemaking, isn't there a French (who would know better?) term calling orgasm: little death?
    My blog / photo website: http://frankfoto.jimdo.com/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin