Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,528   Posts: 1,543,952   Online: 1086

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Where do all these sages of photography go when they leave here?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MDR View Post
    That beeing said APUG should concentrate on analogue photography but maybe it would be acceptable to create a hybrid workflow subforum. This would help to generate new memberships and keep people like Bob Carnie, Denise Ross and others that have so much to offer to Apug in the fold.
    I've always been on the side of keeping APUG strictly "anaolg" but I do believe the above is reasonable.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I too find it ironic that of the 50,000 members of APUG you will find your description very accurate for probably 95% . 5 % actually go into a darkroom and make prints on an enlarger, and I am thankfully one of them and that is the reason I am here.

Contrary to what many here may think, due to the fact that my company is a pro lab competing in a very tough market.

though I have the latest of digital equipment for exposing, scanning printing , I have never, ever, used a digital camera.
    Onsite at Elevator is a Hassalblad phase camera system , Cannon 5d and a Leica digital systems . but I do not use them , I would not have a clue
    how to even turn on the cameras.

I use a 100 year old Century 8x10 camera, a 4x5 Sinar Mono Rail system, and Fuji 6x9 and Pentax 6 x7 systems, for small stuff we have a Leica system that I will use.
    I have never seen the need for using a digital camera when I have a candy shop so to speak to process my film, and quite frankly am very happy with the results film give me.
    But I am not myopic enough to dismiss digital capture and printing applications as they have huge advantages over film in a commercial world, and yes Martha the quality of the new systems do match or sometimes exceed that of film.

Ok I lie , I use the camera on my phone to take pictures of my dogs.

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I feel that I have to concretize my post the hybrid subforum should have strict rules no discussion about Digicams (like which is better) the discussions should be centered on the hybrid workflow. Little computer talk only the necessary steps and required settings or adjustments. I am afraid that if there wouldn't be these kinds of rules the Hybrid subforum would end up like Hypridphoto now Dpug and that's not something I want.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Well they go make prints and forget about the wankers who bring them down here.

QUOTE=Hatchetman;1603502]Where do all these sages of photography go when they leave here?[/QUOTE]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    there's always something very reassuring about a North American using a word like "wankers"

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I believe they are a worldwide problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdeeh View Post
    there's always something very reassuring about a North American using a word like "wankers"

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Shouldn't it be bloody wankers, I agree wankers sounds better than jerks

And it's done worldwide by men of all ages

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchetman View Post
    Where do all these sages of photography go when they leave here?
    Which "sages" exactly? The people who leave are like anyone else. They get pissed off when someone disagrees with them and they leave. Boo hoo.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Blansky, Carnie, Jorge, Sandy King, and Denise Ross per the past few posts. I dunno, I haven't been here that long.

I'm always interested in a good photography site. This seems about the best I guess. (shrug).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin