Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,180   Online: 754
      
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 26789101112131415161718 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 173
  1. #111
    Bob Carnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Toronto-Ontario
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Posts
    4,706
    Images
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchetman View Post
    Blansky, Carnie, Jorge, Sandy King, and Denise Ross per the past few posts. I dunno, I haven't been here that long.

    I'm always interested in a good photography site. This seems about the best I guess. (shrug).
    Sorry I don't follow this post.

  2. #112
    Hatchetman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    764
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    Sorry I don't follow this post.
    Michael R asked what "sages" I was referring to. I was talking about the names mentioned in the previous 5-6 posts as people who were "pushed away" from APUG or left completely for one reason or another.

    I don't want anyone to leave, especially if they have some knowledge of film photography.

    Message boards are not for the thin-skinned. You're going to get blasted by somebody if you ever say anything interesting.

  3. #113

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    5,104
    Oh right, I had forgotten the great and all knowing carnie blocked my posts a long time ago. I'll stop posting to this thread so he can follow along with the other sages.

  4. #114
    Bob Carnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Toronto-Ontario
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Posts
    4,706
    Images
    14
    Ok I get it , I do not see that persons posts.

    Blansky and Carnie have not been pushed away , I am talking with you right now. You are right keeping people here with years of experience is precious.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchetman View Post
    Michael R asked what "sages" I was referring to. I was talking about the names mentioned in the previous 5-6 posts as people who were "pushed away" from APUG or left completely for one reason or another.

    I don't want anyone to leave, especially if they have some knowledge of film photography.

    Message boards are not for the thin-skinned. You're going to get blasted by somebody if you ever say anything interesting.

  5. #115
    MDR
    MDR is offline
    MDR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Austria
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,164
    I wouldn't call them sages they were people that helped make Apug a special place.

  6. #116
    David Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    near Dallas, TX USA
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    3,345
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    Well they go make prints and forget about the wankers who bring them down here.

  7. #117

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    USA
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    1,389
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchetman View Post
    Blansky, Carnie, Jorge, Sandy King, and Denise Ross per the past few posts. I dunno, I haven't been here that long.

    I'm always interested in a good photography site. This seems about the best I guess. (shrug).
    Sandy is still active on the Large Format Forum. Jorge quit photography and while I found most of his viewpoints quite compatible with my own (a rare thing for me) he was, quite frankly, a total prick who should have been kicked off the site but AFAIK was not. Blandsky is hardly a sage, just a verbose stream of self-justification who will hopefully go back to "Wine Country" and shoot digital.
    Nice work. You have a very talented computer.

  8. #118
    Dinesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    .... Jorge quit photography and while I found most of his viewpoints quite compatible with my own (a rare thing for me) he was, quite frankly, a total prick who should have been kicked off the site .......
    Apparently you have more in common than just viewpoints.
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

  9. #119

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    USA
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    1,389
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
    Apparently you have more in common than just viewpoints.
    You think I should be kicked off the site, or that I'm a prick? Please read through my posting history and come back with one good reason for either. I expressed one (long overdue) opinion you don't like, and that's about all you're going to find.
    Nice work. You have a very talented computer.

  10. #120
    blansky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Wine country in Northern California
    Posts
    5,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Blandsky is hardly a sage, just a verbose stream of self-justification who will hopefully go back to "Wine Country" and shoot digital.
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin