Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,915   Posts: 1,556,341   Online: 1119

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3789101112131415161718 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The grace, dignity and beauty of human interaction never ceases to amaze me.

I believe there's something in the site rules about personal attacks isn't there?

Geelong & Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pdeeh View Post
    The grace, dignity and beauty of human interaction never ceases to amaze me.

I believe there's something in the site rules about personal attacks isn't there?

Yes. And it might do for a couple of individuals to read through them.

Rules For The General Forums

http://www.apug.org/forums/faq.php?f...al_forum_rules
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blansky View Post
    Sean just contacted me and told me I'd used up my word allotment and was costing him too much money.
    Not unless my account was hacked..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MDR View Post
    I hope I am misreading this post, People like Blansky and Bob Carnie even if they are "misguided" are necessary for this forum to thrive, without opposition and some injections of painful truths (for the analogue world) this forum would get seriously boring and wither away.
    I think Blansky was joking, to clarify I never contacted him..

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you for the clarification.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Meanwhile...

How about Bob's request that APUG welcome digital negatives into the fold? Perhaps we could rebrand? I like "hybrid" just fine, but maybe another name would offer a fresh start. "Integrated Printing" (?) That's not quite right, but something along those lines. Constrain the discussions to one sub-forum and anyone who wants to can ignore the subject.
    www.thelightfarm.com
    Dedicated to Handmade Silver Gelatin Paper, Film, and Dry Plates.

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    +1
    How about the X-Forum or X-printmaking. X is the accepted symbol/sign for hybrid so instead of Hybrid use the sign and make the whole thing sound cool like Generation-X or X-men.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dwross View Post
    Meanwhile...

How about Bob's request that APUG welcome digital negatives into the fold? Perhaps we could rebrand? I like "hybrid" just fine, but maybe another name would offer a fresh start. "Integrated Printing" (?) That's not quite right, but something along those lines. Constrain the discussions to one sub-forum and anyone who wants to can ignore the subject.
    Maybe this would work better than the last time it was tried.

I still think greater integration between the two sites would be helpful.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dwross View Post
    Meanwhile...

This has been discussed at length. In a nutshell we got rid of the hybrid area on APUG years ago because "constraining" discussions became next to impossible. Not only digital bleed over into analog areas but also a general attitude of 'not enough' leeway in the hybrid areas (calls for full digital on APUG came soon and loudly after hybrid was allowed, and the cycle of demand continued).. calls for more digital subforums, digital images allowed in the galleries, etc. We had hybrids dipping into analog threads prodding members to go digital or to try what they are doing in digital instead, adding further conflicts. It became a nightmare to manage, so I took a step back and say to myself, "I will never please everyone, so I can draw a line in the sand or continue this nightmare for myself and the mod team". I decided to upset the minority by aligning APUG strictly to it's original charter.

APUG.ORG is an international community of like minded individuals devoted to traditional (non-digital) photographic processes.
    It wasn't a perfect solution but it is a no win situation, no matter what solution there will be many upset on both sides. There is a Hybrid Group on APUG here: http://www.apug.org/forums/groups/hy...oto-group.html It allows for basic discussion, even image sharing. It does lack a lot of functionality but for now it's that or DPUG. I am still trying to find a feasible way to share a single user account between APUG & DPUG so they are integrated but still their own entities.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That sounds totally reasonable to me. I can think of many places I can go to discuss digital and hybrid forms of photography... I can think of very few places where it's all about analog. Thank you, Sean.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin