Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,832   Posts: 1,582,333   Online: 960

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 489101112131415161718 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    For me, as long as the image originates on film, there after I don't care.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    OK. May I, then, make a suggestion/request? I wasn't aware of the hybrid group. It's far too well hidden. Could you create a permanent link to it from near the top of Alternative Processes pages? And/Or, a separate link on the homepage like the one you made to dpug? It might actually work out fine if people can find the discussions easily.
    www.thelightfarm.com
    Dedicated to Handmade Silver Gelatin Paper, Film, and Dry Plates.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    That subforum looks good too me , I too was not aware of its existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    This has been discussed at length. In a nutshell we got rid of the hybrid area on APUG years ago because "constraining" discussions became next to impossible. Not only digital bleed over into analog areas but also a general attitude of 'not enough' leeway in the hybrid areas (calls for full digital on APUG came soon and loudly after hybrid was allowed, and the cycle of demand continued).. calls for more digital subforums, digital images allowed in the galleries, etc. We had hybrids dipping into analog threads prodding members to go digital or to try what they are doing in digital instead, adding further conflicts. It became a nightmare to manage, so I took a step back and say to myself, "I will never please everyone, so I can draw a line in the sand or continue this nightmare for myself and the mod team". I decided to upset the minority by aligning APUG strictly to it's original charter.

It wasn't a perfect solution but it is a no win situation, no matter what solution there will be many upset on both sides. There is a Hybrid Group on APUG here: http://www.apug.org/forums/groups/hy...oto-group.html It allows for basic discussion, even image sharing. It does lack a lot of functionality but for now it's that or DPUG. I am still trying to find a feasible way to share a single user account between APUG & DPUG so they are integrated but still their own entities.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    plus one

Quote Originally Posted by dwross View Post
    OK. May I, then, make a suggestion/request? I wasn't aware of the hybrid group. It's far too well hidden. Could you create a permanent link to it from near the top of Alternative Processes pages? And/Or, a separate link on the homepage like the one you made to dpug? It might actually work out fine if people can find the discussions easily.

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Another plus one

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'll get some links to it, stand by..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ok, I have added 2 links. 1 link in the main forums list, and another notice "sticky" thread in the Alt. Process group. I'll continue some new investigating on unifying user accounts between APUG & DPUG.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think it would be a good idea to have in the header area at the top, a box saying something about visiting sister site DPUG for hybrid processes.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Excellent. Thank you, Sean.

Question: Do you know if there is a moderator for the group? gr82bart hasn't been around for long while. I can't imagine it's necessary that it be a private group.
    www.thelightfarm.com
    Dedicated to Handmade Silver Gelatin Paper, Film, and Dry Plates.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think that ann is still a moderator.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin