Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,912   Posts: 1,584,693   Online: 676

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415161718 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    I think that ann is still a moderator.
    Perhaps, but the group appears inactive. It's set up to be private, so you need permission to join, but is anyone in the position to give that permission? I submitted yesterday and nothing yet. Even with active moderation, it won't work as a discussion forum if newcomers can't easily get in. Does anyone know why it was established as a private group? If it's an "adults only" reason, we should be clear about that. I get the sense we have some quite young new members. Also, people who participate here while at work.
    www.thelightfarm.com
    Dedicated to Handmade Silver Gelatin Paper, Film, and Dry Plates.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I have always been considered very childish , so how do I get in.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwross View Post
    Perhaps, but the group appears inactive. It's set up to be private, so you need permission to join, but is anyone in the position to give that permission? I submitted yesterday and nothing yet. Even with active moderation, it won't work as a discussion forum if newcomers can't easily get in. Does anyone know why it was established as a private group? If it's an "adults only" reason, we should be clear about that. I get the sense we have some quite young new members. Also, people who participate here while at work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    I have always been considered very childish , so how do I get in.
    It has occurred to me that is the reason I haven't been approved yet.

I hope the Group (or Sean, et al) can remove the "private" designation and its hoops. For the life of me I can't imagine any good reason to not have it as open as almost all the other groups.
    www.thelightfarm.com
    Dedicated to Handmade Silver Gelatin Paper, Film, and Dry Plates.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Film printing?

Quote Originally Posted by dwross View Post
    Meanwhile...

How about Bob's request that APUG welcome digital negatives into the fold? Perhaps we could rebrand? I like "hybrid" just fine, but maybe another name would offer a fresh start. "Integrated Printing" (?) That's not quite right, but something along those lines. Constrain the discussions to one sub-forum and anyone who wants to can ignore the subject.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Well for example I make enlarged silver film for contact processes including silver prints.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Klein View Post
    Film printing?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just watched this video, and I love everything about it. It is positive and affirming of what I do and what I'm about.

Some of the things said are technically nonsense and inaccurate, but these photographers are searching for words and ways to convey their emotions, and they sometimes fall short, but they are speaking from the heart.
    Last edited by frank; 02-01-2014 at 01:54 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    My blog / photo website: http://frankfoto.jimdo.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    This has been discussed at length. In a nutshell... [snip...] I decided to upset the minority by aligning APUG strictly to it's original charter.
    A belated* thanks from me (and that majority as well) for this unequivocal clarification, Sean. If we lose that charter focus, we lose everything that makes this site unique. And thus makes it a draw to so many of those who still have analog photography knowledge and expertise to pass along to the next generation.

Without a place to share that unique knowledge and expertise, analog photography truly does run the risk of extinction. Not because we weren't able to get film any longer, but because no one knew what to do with it after they did.

Ken

* Cross-country flight yesterday...
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you sean this sounds like an acceptable solution.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There are few forums like this for film photography, and I appreciate the efforts to keep it film-centered. It would otherwise be too difficult to find information I'm looking for. The only interest I have in digital right now is how to get a decent scan of a negative, but seeing as I'm close to having a bathroom/darkroom arrangement, it's not terribly important to me at this point.
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are countless sites to discuss digital photography and hybrid photography.
    APUG is a treasure. Thank you Sean for protecting it as is.
    My blog / photo website: http://frankfoto.jimdo.com/

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin