Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,445   Posts: 1,570,000   Online: 893

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1620212223242526272829 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jerzee accent over here.
    "The real work was thinking, just thinking." - Charles Chaplin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    All this talk of accents reminds me of The Dialectizer.
    Last edited by Truzi; 04-29-2014 at 08:39 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Actually, I think there might me more variance amongst British accents than there are with American accents.

Steve.
    Well, it's a large number of variants in both cases, I'd bet. Around Boston alone, there's a difference between East Boston and South Boston and Somerville, Lynn, Cambridge - each is slightly different. I used to work with someone from Somerville and someone from Lynn - check a map, they're not that far apart - and they sounded different and used to make fun of each other's accents.

Every time Ken gets to go to the NYC / NJ area, he comments that he's going where the people don't have any accents.

People have told me I have a Boston accent, so at least it's not one from the Mohawk Valley (that one is called the MoVal twang in our family).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In my youth in northern Minnesota one could usually tell by accent which of the surrounding little towns a person came from. These were communities as small as 100 people and none larger than 2,000.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    It works, and it's funny. .
    You might like these then...

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Giclée.
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Eu!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I hate the Brits for reversing format dimensions as in 5x4.They are just backwards.and I have news for them;the sun has set on the Bitish empire.In fact, a long time ago.You just slept through itand still live n the past.so just get it it's 4x5and 8x10!getit?gotit? good!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin