Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,957   Posts: 1,586,083   Online: 971

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Film is Racist

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CatLABS View Post
    Without the driving part, if APUG and LFPF (and DPreview and the such) are any insight, that statement is true almost everywhere.
    Not exactly true. In the US and some other countries, women dominate photography.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    PE,

As you know, I'm from Japan. In the mid 70s to 80s, I was into photography using mostly simple cameras. I recall using Sakura, Fuji, and Kodak film. I also recall, Sakura films always had enhanced red tendency (look pinkish), Fuji had green tendency (look greenish), and Kodak, yellow (yeah, yellow). Exactly color of box they came in. Now, this wasn't a scientific test. They were all taken in different environment at different time. Yet, those tendencies were pretty consistent.

Can you comment on this? Did Kodak favor color yellow for some particular reason? Was this a regional thing?? I remember liking Kodak because of it. To me, it looked more natural.
    I ran some scientific tests that differed from yous. Other than that, I cannot comment. I guess I don't have enough data.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Not exactly true. In the US and some other countries, women dominate photography.

PE

I think many of us men sit and talk about photography where as many women go out and do it....
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post

It also documented the huge use of ECN and ECP by Bollywood. This is now a major source of EK revenue and may be one reason that EK might have tailored some C41 films for use in India. IDK if this took place. It is speculation based on a previous post.

PE
    Whats the ECN and ECP you refer to? Which films were tailored? (and tailored for what exactly?)

Sent from Tap-a-talk

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by analoguey View Post
    Whats the ECN and ECP you refer to? Which films were tailored? (and tailored for what exactly?)

Sent from Tap-a-talk
    Almost an irrelevance given the cine people use matt boxes with balance filters and can contact print with a balance filter. Like a white balance button in photoshop

Colour however is a problem in the subcontinent:

My expackanistan desk pen neighbour preferred his green iris colour to my blue... I had not commented...

My Hindu desk pen neighbour went back home for arranged marriage to first cousin and was instructed by his aunt to stay indoors until the wedding photos were taken 'I don't want my daughter marrying a black man'
    he had faded in the UKs cloud cover.

I think it is sad.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sample size of 1 of a billion+ above and sounding quite like what the topic headline is.

My question anyways is unanswered.

Sent from Tap-a-talk

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CatLABS View Post
    I had to hold on to my chair so as to not fall down as i was laughing so hard (and even louder as i read the edit note).

@this thread: The US is an extremely racist place, where racial segregation is still on many law books in many places, and where until not long ago water fountains were segregated, and until not long before that some humans were considered to be property in part, due to their place of origin and skin color. The situation today might be "portrayed" otherwise an has not really changed much 1mm below the surface. Ignoring those facts, and dismissing this article as propaganda of some agenda or politicization of something inane just exemplifies how bad the situation really is.

It's even worse if its dismissed as some techinchal failing that is natural to the system. Read: face recognition systems are designed to only recognize Caucasian faces, its not a far stretch to see how this applies to every other piece of technology.

Americans need to be reminded every day and every second that they are responsible for the near complete annihilation of an entire people, and the de humanazing of countless others. And without a reductio ad hitlerum clause being opened against me its always good to remember those "we shall not forget" and "never again" said at germans, all germans, regardless of when they were born (or where) about the moral implications of their past even if only by association, the same applies to all Americans.
    Yes, we're so extremely racist, we'd never, ever elect a Black president. No way, just couldn't happen... Maybe our racism also explains why most US corporations, universities, and government agencies have "Chief Diversity Officers," and "celebrate diversity." But thanks for the humor!

Dale

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by images39 View Post
    Yes, we're so extremely racist, we'd never, ever elect a Black president. No way, just couldn't happen... Maybe our racism also explains why most US corporations, universities, and government agencies have "Chief Diversity Officers," and "celebrate diversity." But thanks for the humor!

Dale
    why do you think you have diversity legislation?
    we as a speci are very tribal and aggressive

Shooter
    35mm RF
    This thread looks like the public release of a CIA document now.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    The sun is obviously racist -- it burns the skins of some races more than others.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin