Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,010   Posts: 1,524,618   Online: 1031

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Strange situation on ebay

Hi all,

Not sure where to put this question, here it goes:

Recently I bought 10 expired films for 1 euro + 17 euros shipping. I got films after couple of days, but they were the wrong ones. Seller had mixed up me and other buyer. He returned the money, and asked me to send the films back. I did so, but still did not received my films. So on the end I spend time, my money for return shipping, and got nothing. He is not replaying to my messages.

Negative feedback? If I complain on ebay - I did received my paypal money back, so...

thanks,

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    if you got all your money back, call it a day and move on. sounds like he made an honest mistake and then the film got "lost in the mail" according to him. people seem to make that claim all the time though.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    if you got all your money back, call it a day and move on. sounds like he made an honest mistake and then the film got "lost in the mail" according to him. people seem to make that claim all the time though.
    I did got my money back and then I lost those money by sending wrong films back to him (with tracking number).

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Can you share who the seller was, so we can all avoid them.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Been there before too. Mistakes happen. In one situation the seller refunded my money and told me to keep or throw out the wrong item. In another situation the refund would only follow the return... and I was out the shipping both ways because only the item value was refunded, not the shipping. Do yourself a favor and call it a gambling loss. Few sellers seem willing to pay for their own error so the buyer ends up fully "whole" after a purchase error. This is true even with face-to-face transactions in a retail environment.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Were all your communications through the Ebay system? I had something similar recently and the seller phoned me (along with messages through Ebay). I figured I would keep everything in writing and on the Ebay system. His notes to me indiciate that I am due a full refund.

If you have a message from him saying that he will pay the return shipping I would file a claim with Ebay and reference his message. The complaint process is a separate track from the feedback process, so you can use the complaint to leverage him to do right without affecting feedback and such.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you are willing to spend the time it takes to do what Dan suggests I'd bet you'd get your shipping costs refunded too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Daniel View Post
    Were all your communications through the Ebay system? I had something similar recently and the seller phoned me (along with messages through Ebay). I figured I would keep everything in writing and on the Ebay system. His notes to me indiciate that I am due a full refund.

If you have a message from him saying that he will pay the return shipping I would file a claim with Ebay and reference his message. The complaint process is a separate track from the feedback process, so you can use the complaint to leverage him to do right without affecting feedback and such.
    Yes, all communication were through ebay. But nowhere he did wrote he will pay return shipping, I was thinking he will send me films, and return shipping was from money that I got as refund.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That sucks, it happened to me once too. Was buying something like an enlarger lens and I got a box of random old filters. I returned to the seller immediately but it took two weeks for other buyer to return my enlarger lens and finally I got my lens after another 4 or 5 days. I had asked first though for the seller to cover his shipping costs as it was his mistake. He originally wanted me to ship straight to the other mixed up buyer, but that would have voided any ebay or paypal protection.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'd suggest negative feedback.....I think that morally any seller (not only Ebay) should put his own mistakes right, so that the customer isn't out of pocket.

Ebay can be a gamble, but, IMHO, sellers with good feedback will put things right. I've had two cases in the last couple of years...one was an honest mistake in the description by the seller, who refunded in full plus postage both ways. The second was a filter damaged in the mail despite good packing...the seller refunded the price in full including postage, and said to throw the item out (it wasn't of any great value and not repairable, but still very fair to take my word for the damage).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin