Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,966   Posts: 1,558,416   Online: 884

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    Technically, isn't framing a scene a form of arrangement?
    No.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Technically, isn't framing a scene a form of arrangement?
    No
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    OP...Just depends.

A still life studio shot is not a candid street shot.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Iluvmycam View Post
    OP...Just depends.

A still life studio shot is not a candid street shot.
    So is it arranged?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sure it is. You're arranging what elements of the scene you're including. Now, if you mean manipulating elements of the scene (removing trash, moving branches, etc.) that would be different.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As long as you are successful in communicating your message, it doesn't matter.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    I love arranged images (or maybe I prefer the word staged - but as non native speaking English, I could be wrong...) - i fI didn't I'd probably not make the images I do...

"Contrived" is ment as a negative thing; right? (my dictonary is confused I think... it both explains it as "unnatural" and "constructed"...)

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gandolfi View Post
    "Contrived" is ment as a negative thing; right? (my dictonary is confused I think... it both explains it as "unnatural" and "constructed"...)
    Correct.

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Contrived has dual meanings. Negative, as in unnatural. But, it can also mean constructed, without the negative connotation.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Contrived has dual meanings. Negative, as in unnatural. But, it can also mean constructed, without the negative connotation.
    This is true, but even a constructed image can be contrived, as in specific construction.
    Last edited by cliveh; 05-13-2014 at 05:57 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Francis Bacon

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin