Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,584   Posts: 1,545,792   Online: 1096

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Arranged or Spontaneous

How do you feel about arranged images, as I always think they look contrived? Even when doing a still life shot, I like to throw the subject in front of the camera. Arrangement seems to destroy spontaneity and the moment.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Carefully arranged ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I prefer spontaneity in the moment. I almost never throw or place a subject in a scene. In fact when I shoot landscapes, I wait until no one is in the photograph.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    I prefer spontaneity in the moment. I almost never throw or place a subject in a scene. In fact when I shoot landscapes, I wait until no one is in the photograph.
    Is that not a form of arrangement?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My street macros and landscapes are never arranged. In fact, if I feel that I've tampered with the scene in any way (usually by accident), then I'll just skip it entirely. Plenty of examples of in my gallery of images.

Shooter
    35mm

works

Whatever works.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have controlled chaos with my still life. I sketch out something rough then if something serendipitous happens, a fortunate mistake, I go for the shot. It's a balance for me.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    No, I do not move or arrange anything. I just take the landscapes as I see them.
    Last edited by Sirius Glass; 05-13-2014 at 05:37 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    Technically, isn't framing a scene a form of arrangement?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bvy View Post
    My street macros and landscapes are never arranged. In fact, if I feel that I've tampered with the scene in any way (usually by accident), then I'll just skip it entirely. Plenty of examples of in my gallery of images.
    I enjoyed your gallery and great shots which are obviously not arranged. Thanks.

Francis Bacon

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin