Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,401   Online: 704

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
    ... carpenter's pencils ... This type pencil must be sharpened by hand.
    Nope, not really ...

http://www.toolbarn.com/irwinstraitline-233250.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
    Maybe it will work in Germany if I embed the film here in this thread??
    No. But thanks for extra effort .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown View Post
    One of the nice things about APUG is the chance that someone knows of a new device/technology and is willing to share. Thanks for the tip.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
    We constantly see students in video clips in school. Invariably they show that students do not know how to hold a pencil or a pen. Something else that is no longer taught. Their fingers must be terribly cramped at the end of the day. No wonder they hate school.
    Anecdote-data-and-all-that, but I can confirm that my now-6-year-old son got plenty of instruction in how to hold a pencil or pen in preschool and kindergarten.

Apropos of this general discussion, let me recommend this film from 1927, which apparently was *seriously* necessary at the time even though it seems obvious enough to be silly now: https://archive.org/details/HowtoUse1927

(Well, it's obvious to those of us who are old enough to remember dial telephones in the first place. A few years ago I started meeting adults who truly didn't know why we call it "dialing" a phone!)

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Love the sharpening video -- I have watched it 3 times. He had me at "I have an artisan pencil sharpening business"!
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin