Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,968   Posts: 1,632,695   Online: 798

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    the guy isnt there to be an assistant, but to help shoot as a second shooter

the letter isa good idea ... i've had a last minute add on shooter on a gig, it was not good ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try taking your car into a shop and telling them they have x number of hours to do the work! hahahahahahahahhahaha............right! Walk much?
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew B. View Post
    Ok, you have a free assistant! Make him work his ass off...
    Did you not read the last response from the original poster?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    The working arrangement for the moment (which still goes out the window without signed contract and deposit) is that I will work with 2 models, the other photographer will work with 2 other models. This ought to be good enough to keep us from stepping on each others' toes. But I'm still skeptical of the ability of one of us or both of us to get the volume of shots completed in the time the client thinks they'll be completed - he wants to get the shoot done in 6 hours, photographing 75 items each (150 items total).
    The other photographer is being brought in as another regular photographer NOT as an assistant. The location was not available foe as long as they need to get through all the items so they are bringing in another photographer and both will be working at the same time photographing different items so they can get through them all in a shorter time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    Keep sending him out for coffee, sandwiches, and a very necessary piece of black fabric, etc.
    Hey, that sounds EXACTLY like my first photo job. No wonder I changed careers fast!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Guru View Post
    Did you not read the last response from the original poster?
    Hey this is the web people don't read the OPs threads or earlier than penultimate...

The customer has picked a location that is too expensive so can only afford a 6 hour window...

The OP needs to find the customer a cheaper or free location and go back to a two day shoot. The two day shoot might have been tight on time anyway.

You need to keep errant customers in budget. Telling them you are a fussy artist wont get the Job done.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I never read the penultimate posting. Just the first and the next to last one.

The customer's theory is a well-known one learned in business school: if you need to get more work done faster, throw a few more bodies on it. Sometimes it actually works. But it can be very personality driven.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Being a pro photog is a career I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post

The customer's theory is a well-known one learned in business school: if you need to get more work done faster, throw a few more bodies on it. Sometimes it actually works. But it can be very personality driven.
    Hi Brian
    Yes I under stand arithmetic and they make computers with four cores but don't get a four factor increase with all software.
    Two shoot days with me means 20 hours six hours into twenty does not give two?
    Ignoring any scaling factor...
    The customer needs a free location cine crews can work in London for free the police don't even attend. The groupies stand back and watch.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The penultimate is the next to last!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Large Format

That's a good one, Wally.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin