Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,545,006   Online: 769

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    BobMolson: There are things you can do to mitigate those realities. Did you think of putting a folded towel under your elbow as you focus your enlarger? How about making accommodations for that sink height? I have NO running water in my 'darkroom' (the corner of my tiny efficiency) and I do just fine. Buckets provide my drain. My sole window is blocked out with heavy duty aluminum foil and I can open it in an instant (to feed those damn chickadees that I trained to roost on the fire escape; they even bring their kids with the fluttering wings). I use a magnifying glass for easy, precise focusing. There are ways around your 'dilemma' (but not around those persistent chickadees).

And Tom1956: when I was about ten I saw Jack Benny on TV and asked my mother if he really was 39. She grinned and said no. (I was too naive to disbelieve.)

Bob, focus upon something else before you focus that negative: Focus upon precisely WHAT is specifically troubling you and think about how to solve that by being creative. You still have your eyes: that is the most important thing. And you still have your desire: that is the second most important thing. - David Lyga
    Last edited by David Lyga; 05-29-2014 at 04:49 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The rolling stool with a swivel seat is a good suggestion, it can relieve the legs even for a few moments whilst processing. Can the bench height be altered to something more comfortable? I think that paterson made a tall focus finder so there is less necessity to bend down so far to focus and I believe that enlargers such as De Vere had/have front control wheels just under and in front of the baseboard to control the height and focus - no need to raise the arms high to focus etc. Would a vertical print processor be easier to use than trays spread out? Just a few random thoughts, but one nice wet print must be better that a hundred digis!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin