Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,618   Online: 683

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    ... I have always thought that the photographic medium can never do this justice, or at least not in the same way a painting can..
    I'm not sure I know what 'justice' you are referring to. Color photographs render what they depict with more verisimilitude than most paintings, which is not to say that I'd prefer a color photograph to a painting of the same scene. And, by its nature, a monochrome photograph is a kind of abstraction of the landscape that doesn't compete with a painting. In what way does photography come up short?
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    I love landscapes. Like mention before I can't paint.

Jeff
    I used to joke that my sister got the crayons and I got the box...

Because she became an artist and I... well, I became a mechanically-inclined frustrated artist.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    And in the end I found a way to make art with a box

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jovo View Post
    I'm not sure I know what 'justice' you are referring to. Color photographs render what they depict with more verisimilitude than most paintings, which is not to say that I'd prefer a color photograph to a painting of the same scene. And, by its nature, a monochrome photograph is a kind of abstraction of the landscape that doesn't compete with a painting. In what way does photography come up short?
    Probably just my own attempts at landscape.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin