Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,493   Posts: 1,571,397   Online: 1104

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Geez, John. It's a site about analog, not art. The discussions I've read on the internet about art, artforms, aesthetics, philosophy etc. are as ridiculous as the threads about best developers.

I honestly don't know what you expect to happen. If you want to have an interesting and/or fun discussion about art, you have to find someone or a few people worth talking to and go from there.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    this site has become far too serious.
    Yes, and that's what makes the site funny ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    CRIS (cranial rectal insertion syndrome).
    Priceless two Thumbs up... thanks and will use it.. "Hey are ur having a CRIS moment" ;-) great thanks...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I came here for an argument.

I played "The Argument Clinic" for my younger son last week, you know the Monty Python skit where the guy gets shuffled off between rooms Abuse, Arguments, Complaints and "Getting hit on the head lessons"...

But my answer to your question jnanian, and I think you know this...

Serious is just a quality of photography.

I get the most enjoyment out of photography when I mess with qualities of photography.

"What would happen if I mess with blurriness" - you taught me that and it gave me Land of the Dinosaurs

So what happens if you mess with the "Serious" quality of photography... You get "Humor"

And there is nothing wrong with that!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I bought a pug because of APUG. He's all analog and often wet... gettin' old and rickety too with foggy lenses... and I only feed him with plates. He must have been overexposed when he was born because he's as dense as a rock. I dearly love him, though, despite all his faults and inconveniences.
    Last edited by Old-N-Feeble; 08-10-2014 at 12:26 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How about this? Kim Kardashian has her own photo book!

http://www.rizzoliusa.com/book.php?isbn=9780789329202
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    35mm
    Old-N-Feeble: Do you only feed a pug with wet plates, or does he use dry plates too?

Who says we can't be serious and still appreciate humor?
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ME Super View Post
    Old-N-Feeble: Do you only feed a pug with wet plates, or does he use dry plates too?

Who says we can't be serious and still appreciate humor?
    Wet only... he can't process the dry stuff. He also occasionally gets a plate of albumen.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's a community with all the little subcultures and cliques that one might expect ... given the dominance of the US community it might be apposite to think of ourselves as being in some teen High School drama ... there are Preppies and Nerds and Freaks and Geeks and Mean Girls (who are all men of course) let alone the Cheerleaders (also all men, and let us not forget the sainted GW Bush was one) and, of course, no shortage of Jocks ...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pdeeh View Post
    It's a community with all the little subcultures and cliques that one might expect ... given the dominance of the US community it might be apposite to think of ourselves as being in some teen High School drama ... there are Preppies and Nerds and Freaks and Geeks and Mean Girls (who are all men of course) let alone the Cheerleaders (also all men, and let us not forget the sainted GW Bush was one) and, of course, no shortage of Jocks ...
    Hey, Scotland's full of Jocks!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin