Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,492   Posts: 1,542,972   Online: 895

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 26789101112

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Sukach
    Woops -- re: MacBeth Color Checker/ Kirk Keyes.

When I do, I'll take a ride to a local lab, where they have a sophisticated Reflecting Spectrophotometer.
    Great! Could you send me a copy of the data? I'm always interested in this sort of stuff.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Stanworth
    Ed, you appear (to me) to assume the position of paranoid willing victim...
    As I've said, when there is something new here I will respond. I've read all of this over and over again. I do not mind disagreement - my views are probably NOT 'of the mainstream" so it is to be expected. - I thrive on the differences between us ... but this is nothing but constant repetition, and simply, not worth a reply.

-30-
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    4x5 Format

A test for Ed Sukach...

Since Ed was doing a study on people doing comments, I figure I'll do a test on Ed...
    A few last comments from me:
    And then he still went on to reply a few more times...

As I've said, when there is something new here I will respond. I've read all of this over and over again. I do not mind disagreement - my views are probably NOT 'of the mainstream" so it is to be expected. - I thrive on the differences between us ... but this is nothing but constant repetition, and simply, not worth a reply.
    He reminds us how he won't respond by responding...

Here's my test... Can you walk away and not have the last word?

joe

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    During all this, one label applied to me was "Weird" -- I suppose intended in a derogatory sense...

Food for thought ... what is the definition of "weird"? My Funk and Wagnalls links it to to "fate" and "The Fates, a la' Shakespeares' The Tempest, but I think in modern usage it is more like, ... "Unusual", "Out of the ordinary - mainstream", "Unique" ... "Mysterious, Unexplainable".
    Not bad. I think that is really more of a "high" compliment to a photographer or artist than it is the intended insult insult/ semi-insult.

Someone .. Dr. Bergen Evens, of "All about Words" (listened to that program faithfully, returning from skiing on Sundays during the winters of the '70's and '80's- nothing else on the car radio) maintained that the only ones that EVER advanced the Civilization of Man, were the "weird ones." The people that went with the flow - the "unweird", never innovated - never changed anything - never HAD to.

If I revisited a student of mine five years after I was actively associated with her/him, and found that MOST thought her/him to be "weird" in those terms ... that would be cause for celebration; and If most thought that way about me -- I don't know if I could expect a higher compliment.

Where was that thread; "What kind of photographer are you?" I would claim to be ... "weird".
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Images
    Groan...
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

THe delusions continue...........

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blansky
    THe delusions continue...........
    Really!! Why don't you tell me about them, Blansky. I might be able to help you deal with them. Better still, consult a Psychiatric Clinic ... there must be one of them in your area.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Symchyshyn
    Can you walk away and not have the last word?
    The answer seems to be no.

joe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Medic!!!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 26789101112

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin