Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,782   Online: 715

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I used a lot of 120 Ilford xp2 on a trip overseas. I used it so that I could have the lot developed there by a good pro lab. I found it to be a terrific film. The 11x14 prints made from those negatives look very much like those from TMX/Xtol, although the xp-2 gave me two stops more speed, which was very useful for vacation style pictures. (The London Eye photo on my site provides and example. Alas, I had to trim some of the print to get it on my scanner. I liked it so much that I'm considering doing c41 here at home.

Peter
    www.desmidt.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I shoot some 35 mm Kodak C 41 B&W when I travel or in the Summer when the water tempature is 90-95 F from my tap and I dont want to fool with chilling the wash water. I process the negatives at any 1 hour drug store, some mini labs have the C 41 black and white paper and make reasonable prints for proofs. They print as well as TMax 400.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the link, BruceN.

Bruce (of the Duncan clan) is as much a philosopher as he is a photographer and writer. Thus, the style of the article seems appropriately on the thoughtful, rather than technical side. While I like his nudes, he's probably best known for his two books on wooden boats.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    35mm
    I have not seen the nudes in question. I am not anti-boat. I do find the ribs in the human female to be of more interest than those of boats that have them. Not to mention the bow.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I consider C-41 chromogenic black and white to be the film equivalent of "Desaturate" in Photoshop. It's a reasonable facsimile but it ain't the real thing.

Of course, it's only my opinion. To me, that's the only one that matters.

Images
    I never had a problem enlarging the C-41 BW films, but to each his/her own. When XP2 first hit the market A friend and I cranked a 35mm neg up to 16x20 and it held together very well.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    When XP2 first hit the market A friend and I cranked a 35mm neg up to 16x20 and it held together very well.
    Really?! I guess I'm gonna have to dig that stuff out and give it a try after all.

Bruce

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin