Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,231   Posts: 1,532,885   Online: 1027

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    [COLOR=DarkRed]Red Kens as daft as a brush, always was and always will be.[/COLOR]

Well perhaps some might disagree. With no party backing he won the first London Major election. Quite amazing.
    Having said that he does seem to have suddenly taken leave of his senses.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I guess I'm a radical, but if I had it my way all pedophiles and drunk drivers would be shot. Catch them in the act, take them out back. End of problem.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    If taking pictures of children playing in public can be construed as a prelude to pedophilia, then taking pictures of women in public can be construed as a prelude to rape. and so on.

Although I like the idea of keeping the kids safe, this is only a feel good measure and does not protest them in anyway.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Strikes me as a very public way for the government to make it look like they are doing something about child abuse without doing anything at all.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This does not surprise me. Livingstone is a hateful little person with many axes to grind. He hates cars, so he brought in the congestion charge, his next target is the Chelsea Tractor user because he hates visible affluence, he hates pigeons so he made feeding them illegal, now it appears he hates cameras not controlled by him, so he's targeting photographers.

More seriously, when I am street shooting I never try to be unobtrusive, I make it damn obvious I am taking photographs. To appear surrepticious will immediately raise suspicion. If I wish to shoot something including people I always ask, A friendly 'mind if i take a pic?' is usually enough to either get permission or for people to move out of the way.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller
    Red Kens as daft as a brush, always was and always will be.
    Amen to that brother!

Bob.

BTW, I bet a fiver it never happens: typical Livingstone claptrap. He was going to make the Edgeware Road from Shepherd's Bush to Ealing a bus lane (I kid you not). Spent 10's of thousands of pounds on plans and "consultation" before dropping the whole idea which an averagely intelligent six year old could tell you was a totaly stupid and unworkable fantasy. Plus, The Corporation of London owns a lot of London's Parks and they hate Livingstone with a passion only exceeded by Tony Blair...

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Welcome to "gun control" for cameras.

Instead of doing something about the people who cause the problem by using a piece of machinery in an inappropriate manner, we're going to try to regulate the machinery or restrict the rightfull use of said machinery by law abiding citizens.

Wait until you have to register your camera in order to take it out in public.

What a crock - I'm with Eric !!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Please forgive being so particular, but there is a difference between 'loose' and 'lose' and they are typically turned around as in the title to this nice thread.

lose , verb, lost, losing.
    v.t. 1. to not have any longer; have taken away from one by accident, carelessness, parting, or death.
    Ex. to lose a finger, to lose a dollar, to lose a friend, to lose one's life.
    2. to be unable to find.
    Ex. to lose a book, to lose an address.

loose , adjective,
    adj. 1. not fastened.
    Ex. a loose thread.
    (SYN) unbound, unfastened, untied.
    2. not tight.

Ah, that felt better. Sorry, but thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    , in today's chaotic world, and the ever viglient stance we have to Atake to protect our children form the current rash of insanity, I can understand the need for something to help protect. Gone are the days when children could wander around without their parents in attendance.
    According to a psychologist where I work, the crime of incest is so common in the United States, that it is STATISTICALLY NORMAL!! Please do not misinterpret what I just wrote...incest is not being suggested as anything less than an abuse and a crime, but rather that it is so commonly practiced that it becomes "normal" in its' frequency. That is shocking and deeply saddening. My guess is that it has always been so....perhaps even more common in the not long gone era of silence about such things than now when, like driving drunk and smoking, it is a focal point of opprobrium. Children are at greatest risk in their own families...the stranger on the street is a matter of concern of course, but not nearly to the degree that is supposed.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David
    Please forgive being so particular, but there is a difference between 'loose' and 'lose' and they are typically turned around as in the title to this nice thread.

lose , verb, lost, losing.
    v.t. 1. to not have any longer; have taken away from one by accident, carelessness, parting, or death.
    Ex. to lose a finger, to lose a dollar, to lose a friend, to lose one's life.
    2. to be unable to find.
    Ex. to lose a book, to lose an address.

loose , adjective,
    adj. 1. not fastened.
    Ex. a loose thread.
    (SYN) unbound, unfastened, untied.
    2. not tight.

Ah, that felt better. Sorry, but thanks.
    loose, v. tr.

1. To let loose; release: loosed the dogs.
    2. To make loose; undo: loosed his belt.
    3. To cast loose; detach: hikers loosing their packs at camp.
    4. To let fly; discharge: loosed an arrow.
    5. To release pressure or obligation from; absolve: loosed her from the responsibility.
    6. To make less strict; relax: a leader's strong authority that was loosed by easy times.
    I think this usage is what Gareth meant in his title. It certainly works better for me.

However, I think the plot was loosed long ago. This is only the latest milestone in the relentless march toward Ingsoc (which is proceeding quite nicely, thank you...is this Doubleplusgood or what?).

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin