Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,573,000   Online: 835

View Poll Results: If yoou were lost, would you ask for directions?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am male

29 70.73%
  • No, I am male

7 17.07%
  • Yes, I am female

3 7.32%
  • No, I am female

2 4.88%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Goh
    I think being 'lost' is part of the whole idea of knowing where others are.
    Another wise reflection, grasshopper...

Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't mind, and frequently do ask for directions, (am male) but ADD frequently makes it difficult for me to map someone's verbal multistep directions into actual successfull travels. In the time it takes for me to repeat the instructions and get back to the car, I've usually transposed a step or two. AAA (American Automobile Association) is a wonderful thing. Lets me load up on a box of maps wherever I go. For shorter trips, a more local company called Mapsco is great, but expensive for maps.

While in the Navy, I loved those times when I was stationed somewhere with decent public transportation -- just gets rid of the problem alltogether.

-KwM-

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am a female and I don't ask for directions... even though I'm famous for getting hopelessly lost. Fortunately, I usually intuit pretty quickly that I'm going the wrong way or that I've missed a turn somewhere. I call it "using the force". When I get that "feeling" that my direction of travel has gone off course, I pull over and look around for the path that "glows". Now, I have been late to several things but I have always managed to get where I need to be. My husband thinks it's hilarious and will ask me when I've returned from God knows where, "so what did you see while you were driving around, trying to find your way?" And that's the cool part, I always come across the neatest stuff. The bad part is that I can never find them again because I didn't know where I was. That's why I always carry a camera in the car. My son, fortunately, is quite understanding as well and has been known to comment, "we're lost again, aren't we?" My redemption is that I can usually reply, "Yes but look at <insert whatever cool thing here>!" Then I don't have to tell my husband about the neat stuff we found because my son beats me to it.

Now maps are wonderful things but I generally forget to take them with me. My husband keeps putting the darned things in my glove compartment but then I don't have room for anything else so I take them out. He's planning on some sort of car mountable GPS thingie for my next Christmas present.

p.s. I don't ask for directions because I invariably run into a local who, while fun to chat with, will share some useless piece of information like "turn left at the boulder sitting on Carter's front lawn but make sure it's the big one because there's a smaller one on Flemming's lawn." Who? What?? Where???

I'm never lost . . . . .someone is always telling me where to go. . . . lol . . . Sorry the punch line to a joke I heard long ago.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I used to be a male that don't ask for directions, ever.

Now I'm a domesticated male that ask for directions, always, after 30 years of marriage and hundreds of thousands miles of car traveling.
    Jose A. Martinez

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I ask my SatNav...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lost is when I get some of my best photography done.
    It is when I don't know where I am and really don't care.

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I'm not lost, I'm waiting for Godot.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin