Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,516   Posts: 1,572,128   Online: 1118

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Themes

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Thanks and.....

First off I want to thank everyone who contributed to this thread. Just once in a while it is nice to see some involvement besides where my son went for vacation. The instructor was not overbearing; just what he said to me rang true. I need to push myself because I have been photogrphing by the Ct. shore;
    in NYC;and upstate NY in Columbia county. I'm about to take posession of an 8x10 camera. I'm interested in going back to where I've been;reshooting and printing on some of the fine papers I've accumulated (portiga,azo) and also doing a double in Platinum. Just waiting for the weather to cool off. All of the input was taken to heart........
    Thanks, Peter Schrager

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Sowerby
    I think that you can create cohesiveness through good editing.
    That was worth reading again

Murray

Shooter
    Large Format
    What is a theme in terms of photography? Earlier in the thread, Michael Smith said
    The themes (which are something different from the subjects)
    From an online dictionary, theme is
    an idea that recurs in or pervades a work of art or literature
    But in photography which is a visual & referential art form, what is an idea other than a group of related subjects. Isn't a series of pictures that portray baseball as played in the minor leagues both a subject and a theme? Do we have to succumb to gallerie-speak in order to speak of themes in photographic works, or is there a language of photography that enables us to recognize those themes? Just musing while my Azo prints finish washing ;-)
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin